-
PV Sindhu believes past World Championships setbacks have shaped her into a stronger player. Ahead of her latest campaign in New Delhi, the five-time medallist said her hunger for badminton remains unchanged as she targets another medal on home soil
-
Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty are excited to compete at their first BWF World Championships on home soil. The Indian pair believes crowd support will provide an advantage as they aim for a deep run despite recent injury concerns
-
The Badminton World Federation (BWF) has approved a major scoring reform, replacing the traditional 3x21-point format with a 3x15-point system starting January 2027. The decision aims to make matches shorter and more engaging while easing physical strain on players.
-
In the quarterfinals, Sindhu faced China's world number 6 shuttler, Han Yue. She won the match in 55 minutes with scores of 13-21, 21-14, and 12-21
-
At the Porte de la Chapelle Arena in Paris, she emerged victorious against Michelle after an intense 80-minute match, with scores of 20-22, 22-20, 21-19.
-
This is Prannoy's best ranking and surpasses his previous best rank of World No. 7. Prannoy had to settle for a bronze medal as he lost to Kunlavut Vitidsarn in the semifinal of the BWF World Championships.
-
BWF issued a temporary ban on a new 'spin-serve' that has had the attention of the world's top badminton players recently
-
Jakarta: The Badminton World Federation (BWF) on Saturday announced that India Open has been bumped to Super 750 status from Super 500. The apex badminton body further revealed there will be an additional four stops on the BWF World Tour from 2023 to 2026 as part of expansion plans announced on Saturday. The 31-event new […]
-
New Delhi: Badminton World Federation (BWF) on Thursday confirmed that seven players have been withdrawn from the ongoing India Open 2022 after testing positive for COVID-19. “The players returned a positive result to a mandatory RT-PCR test conducted on Tuesday. Doubles partners deemed close contact of the seven players have also been withdrawn from the […]
-
“I’ve been doing so many things, but I love whatever I’m doing and I love to succeed in it,” said the Egyptian.
-
The Hyderabad Open Super 100 tournament has also been cancelled by the BFW as it revealed an updated Tournament Calendar for the remainder of 2021.
-
"The Badminton World Federation (BWF) can confirm no further tournaments will be played inside the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games qualifying window," BWF said in an official statement.
-
The best-of-five of 11 fails to get the required two-thirds majority
-
The 11x5 system, which was criticised by players and coaches alike, couldn't gather enough votes in last year's AGM.
-
"BWF can confirm India player Sai Praneeth B. has tested positive for Covid-19 and has been withdrawn from the TOYOTA Thailand Open," the BWF statement on Tuesday evening said.
-
The 17-year-old, an Under-15 Asian Badminton Championship winner, has been one of the consistent performers at the junior circuit
-
The new-look BWF tournament calendar 2021 sees a number of tournaments postponed from Q1 and Q2, and a handful of Grade 2 tournaments cancelled
-
Set to become first Indian husband-wife duo to play a badminton Super Series event
-
The fifth seed Indian took 33 minutes to get the better of his Canadian opponent 21-15 21-14 in the men's singles second round
-
"Players will qualify for the HSBC BWF World Tour Finals 2020 in Bangkok (Thailand) according to current regulations."