Friday, Aug 21, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Other Sports | Turkish Grand Prix Back After Singapore Opts Out

Turkish Grand Prix back after Singapore opts out

The Istanbul Park circuit takes the place of the canceled night race on the Singapore street circuit on October 3.

By AP
Published Date - 25 June 2021, 09:41 PM
Turkish Grand Prix back after Singapore opts out
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

London: The Turkish Grand Prix is back on this year’s Formula One calendar for the second time after the race in Singapore was canceled.

“We hope to see another fantastic race again in one of the best tracks in the world,” F1 president Stefano Domenicali said Friday.


The Istanbul Park circuit takes the place of the canceled night race on the Singapore street circuit on October 3. Singapore dropped out on June 4, with F1 citing “safety and logistic concerns” caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

Turkey was originally a stopgap replacement for another canceled race in Canada but was cut last month and replaced with a second race in Austria when Britain introduced tougher travel restrictions on Turkey. Most F1 teams are based in Britain.

It will be the ninth edition of the Turkish Grand Prix. The race was held every year from 2005 through 2011 and was resurrected last year when other events were called off amid the pandemic.

Lewis Hamilton won the 2020 race.


Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.

Click to follow Telangana Today Facebook page and Twitter .


  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • F1
  • Formula One
  • race
  • Turkish GP

Related News

  • Verstappen ends speculation with Red Bull contract extension through 2030

    Verstappen ends speculation with Red Bull contract extension through 2030

  • Sepang returns to Formula 1 as Malaysia hosts Bahrain Grand Prix in 2026

    Sepang returns to Formula 1 as Malaysia hosts Bahrain Grand Prix in 2026

  • Former F1 champion Alain Prost reportedly injured as police investigate robbery at family home

    Former F1 champion Alain Prost reportedly injured as police investigate robbery at family home

  • Kimi Antonelli storms to Miami Grand Prix pole as Mercedes rebounds after sprint race stumble

    Kimi Antonelli storms to Miami Grand Prix pole as Mercedes rebounds after sprint race stumble

Latest News

  • NTA defends Rs 200 answer key challenge fee, says it benefits all candidates

    7 hours ago
  • Magnitude 6.7 earthquake strikes southern Peru; no damage reported

    7 hours ago
  • Iran accuses US of ‘economic war’ as Trump threatens tougher sanctions

    7 hours ago
  • Opinion: Section 22-A and Right to Property

    8 hours ago
  • Houthis claim drone attacks on Saudi airport, Aramco facility

    8 hours ago
  • Editorial: Trump’s tariff tantrums fail to dent India’s exports

    9 hours ago
  • India U-20 held to 0-0 draw by Yemen in friendly

    9 hours ago
  • East Bengal women smash 12-0 record win in AFC Women’s Champions League

    9 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam