Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Business | Twitter Board Must Be Concerned About Other Bidders Not Me Elon Musk

Twitter board must be concerned about other bidders not me: Elon Musk

San Francisco: Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk on Sunday said that the Board of Twitter should be more concerned about other potential bidders than him who has made a fair offer to acquire 100 per cent of the micro-blogging platform for $43 billion. He was reacting to a follower who said that the Twitter […]

By IANS
Published Date - 17 April 2022, 12:07 PM
Twitter board must be concerned about other bidders not me: Elon Musk
File Photo
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

San Francisco: Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk on Sunday said that the Board of Twitter should be more concerned about other potential bidders than him who has made a fair offer to acquire 100 per cent of the micro-blogging platform for $43 billion.

He was reacting to a follower who said that the Twitter board has threatened to dilute their shareholder’s stake in the company which is a sort of criminal negligence.


The Musk follower commented: “The Twitter Board, excluding Jack Dorsey, only owns 0.12% of Twitter. They have not only, behind closed doors, rejected @elonmusk’s offer to purchase the company 20% above market value. They have threatened to dilute their shareholder’s stake in the company. Criminal negligence?”

Musk replied: “In fairness to the Twitter board, this might be more of a concern about other potential bidders vs just me”.

With 9.2 per cent stake, Musk is one of the largest shareholders in Twitter.

Asset management firm Vanguard Group disclosed last week that its funds now own a 10.3 per cent stake in Twitter which makes it the largest shareholder.

Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, who rejected Elon Musk’s offer, has about 5.2 per cent share in Twitter.

Global investment firm Goldman Sachs, advising the Twitter Board to decline the deal, currently has a $30 price target on Twitter’s stock, 45 per cent below Musk’s offer.

As Twitter adopts the ‘poison pill’ strategy to stop Elon Musk from forcefully buying it, the Tesla CEO is reportedly speaking to investors who could partner with him on acquiring the micro-blogging platform.

According to a report in The New York Post citing sources, “a new plan that includes partners could be announced within days”.

Musk may join “private-equity firm Silver Lake Partners, which was planning to co-invest with him in 2018 when he was considering taking Tesla private”.

Egon Durban, who is the co-CEO of Silver Lake, is a Twitter board member.

“He led Musk’s deal team during the 2018 failed effort to take Tesla private,” the report said.

 


Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.

Click to follow Telangana Today Facebook page and Twitter .


  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Al-Waleed bin Talal
  • Elon Musk
  • SpaceX
  • Twitter

Related News

  • Elon Musk loses over $600 billion as SpaceX and Tesla shares tumble

    Elon Musk loses over $600 billion as SpaceX and Tesla shares tumble

  • Elon Musk’s xAI challenges Minnesota’s first-in-nation AI nudification ban

    Elon Musk’s xAI challenges Minnesota’s first-in-nation AI nudification ban

  • SpaceX launches Starship test flight, deploys next-generation Starlink satellites despite imperfect landing

    SpaceX launches Starship test flight, deploys next-generation Starlink satellites despite imperfect landing

  • Editorial: Watershed moment for space industry

    Editorial: Watershed moment for space industry

Latest News

  • Watch: Six arrested over alleged blackbuck hunting in Bidar

    18 seconds ago
  • 22A restrictions leave ordinary families in distress, victims reach Telangana Bhavan for relief

    14 minutes ago
  • Old vs New Tata Tiago: Is the Facelift Worth the Upgrade?

    16 minutes ago
  • WC Insurance for Security Guards and Private Patrol Services

    20 minutes ago
  • Rs 1 crore recovered in 10 days after WhatsApp impersonation fraud in Cyberabad

    18 minutes ago
  • Telangana SIR draft electoral roll: How to check your name online

    30 minutes ago
  • Hyderabad: Three arrested for allegedly selling vapes, e-cigarettes

    36 minutes ago
  • Satwik-Chirag advance at BWF World Championships after Scottish pair withdraws

    1 hour ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam