Thursday, Aug 20, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | News | Us Coast Guard Confirms Underwater Noises During Search For Missing Tourist Submarine

US Coast Guard confirms ‘underwater noises’ during search for Missing Tourist Submarine

"Additionally, the data from the P-3 aircraft has been shared with our US Navy experts for further analysis which will be considered in future search plans."

By IANS
Updated On - 21 June 2023, 12:26 PM
US Coast Guard confirms ‘underwater noises’ during search for Missing Tourist Submarine
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Washington: The US Coast Guard on Wednesday confirmed that a Canadian P-3 aircraft “detected underwater noises in the search area” for the missing tourist submarine with five people on board.

In a series of tweets, the Coast Guard said: “Canadian P-3 aircraft detected underwater noises in the search area. As a result, ROV operations were relocated in an attempt to explore the origin of the noises. Those ROV searches have yielded negative results but continue.

Also Read

  • Defence Ministry clears Navy’s mega deal for submarine procurement
  • Indonesia says 53 crew of lost submarine are dead, wreckage found
  • US deploys guided-missile submarine amid tensions with Iran

“Additionally, the data from the P-3 aircraft has been shared with our US Navy experts for further analysis which will be considered in future search plans.”

This is the first official confirmation from authorities conducting the search operation, although they did not specify what the “banging” sounds were, reports the BBC.

Before the official confirmation by the US Coast Guard, several American media outlets citing internal US government memos, reported that a Canadian search aircraft detected “banging” in 30-minute intervals coming from the area where the sub disappeared on June 18.

It is unclear when and how long the banging lasted.

The submarine was lost about an hour and 45 minutes into its dive to the Titanic’s wreckage in the Atlantic on June 18, according to the Coast Guard.

The missing vessel istour firm OceanGate’s Titan submersible, a truck-sized sub that holds five people and usually dives with a four-day emergency supply of oxygen.

Tickets cost $250,000 for an eight-day trip including dives to the wreck at a depth of 3,800m.

A search operation is currently underway in an area in the ocean “larger than the state of Connecticut”, about 20,000 sq.km.

Rescue teams from Canada’s navy, air force and coast guard, as well as the New York state air guard are assisting.

A French research vessel and Magellan, a British firm that specialises in deep ocean investigations and recovery operations, have also joined the mission.

The Titan submersible is thought to be approximately 1,450 km east and 643 km south of Newfoundland’s capital, St John’s

According to US Coast Guard estimates, the Titan has roughly 30 hours of oxygen remaining on board.

The five passengers on board are Hamish Harding, 58-year-old British adventurer who has previously been to space and multiple times to the South Pole; British businessman Shahzada Dawood (48) and his son Suleman (19); Paul-Henry Nargeolet (77), a former French Navy diver who has reportedly spent more time at the Titanic wreck than any other explorer and was part of the first expedition to visit it in 1987; and Stockton Rush (61), the chief executive of OceanGate.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Connecticut
  • Titanic
  • Tourist Submarine
  • US Coast Guard

Related News

  • Trump claims historic fall in US violent crime

    Trump claims historic fall in US violent crime

  • Trump says US will claim Strait of Hormuz after defeating Iran

    Trump says US will claim Strait of Hormuz after defeating Iran

  • Trump administration asks US Supreme Court to allow White House ballroom work

    Trump administration asks US Supreme Court to allow White House ballroom work

  • India faces tariff risk as US Senate passes Russia sanctions bill

    India faces tariff risk as US Senate passes Russia sanctions bill

Latest News

  • Naidu alleges irregularities in APPSC Group-1 exams under YSRCP regime

    6 hours ago
  • Hyundai Motor India to hike vehicle prices by up to 1 pc from September

    6 hours ago
  • Congress to launch grassroots campaign on paper leaks, ‘chanda chori’

    6 hours ago
  • Pakistan protests US envoy’s remarks on Jammu and Kashmir

    6 hours ago
  • IndiGo website hit by technical snag, flyers face booking issues

    7 hours ago
  • Gujarat: Four dead, 18 hospitalised in Bhavnagar hooch tragedy

    7 hours ago
  • Amit Shah to chair Southern Zonal Council meet in TN

    7 hours ago
  • Editorial: Indian Railways—basic amenities off track

    7 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam