Friday, Aug 21, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Uttarakhand Haldwani Violence Leaves 4 Dead 100 Police Injured Internet Suspended Schools Shut

Uttarakhand: Haldwani violence leaves 4 dead, 100+ police injured; Internet suspended, schools shut

In response to the unrest, district administration suspends internet and mandates closure of all educational institutions.

By ANI
Updated On - 9 February 2024, 03:00 PM
Uttarakhand: Haldwani violence leaves 4 dead, 100+ police injured; Internet suspended, schools shut
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Nainital: Four people died and over 100 police personnel were injured after violence erupted in Haldwani’s Banbhoolpura area on Thursday during an anti-encroachment drive, a senior official said.
“Four people died in the violence-hit Banbhoolpura and more than 100 policemen were injured,” said State ADG Law & Order AP Anshuman.

Following the unrest, the district administration suspended internet services and ordered the closure of all schools and colleges.

Also Read

  • Uttarakhand becomes first state to pass UCC Bill
  • Morning News Today: Uttarakhand Uniform Civil Code, Telangana TG Vehicle Registration, Jurassic World

“Internet services suspended after violence in Banbhoolpura of Haldwani in which so far 4 people have died and more than 100 policemen were injured. The administration has also ordered the closure of all schools and colleges,” Nainital District Administration.

Uttarakhand government has put high alert in the state as a precaution after the violence.

Earlier, four companies of paramilitary forces were rushed to Haldwani in Nainital district after violence erupted on Thursday in Banbhoolpura during an anti-encroachment drive.

According to the Uttarakhand Police, two companies of the Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) from Udham Singh Nagar also reached Haldwani.

Speaking to ANI on Thursday, Inspector General Nilesh Anand Bharne, the spokesperson for Police Headquarters, said, “Four companies of paramilitary personnel have been sent to the violence-hit area of Haldwani. Two companies of PAC from Udham Singh Nagar have already reached Haldwani.”

A curfew has been enforced in Banbhoolpura on the orders of the District Magistrate and a shoot-at-sight order has also been issued against ‘rioters’.

Earlier in the day, Uttarakhand Director General of Police (DGP) Abhinav Kumar informed that a request was made to the Ministry of Home Affairs to send additional central paramilitary personnel.

“Around 4 pm today, a joint team from the district administration and police was conducting an anti-encroachment drive in Banbhoolpura, Haldwani, as per the court’s order. Coming out against the drive, a few miscreants pelted stones at the officials and also indulged in arson. It was also alleged that they opened fire at the police using illegal firearms,” DGP Kumar said.

“The state government has also demanded that the MHA provide additional police forces. The MHA has, so far, made four companies of additional central forces available to us,” Kumar added.

He added, however, that the situation was under control.

Meanwhile, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami urged people to maintain peace.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Nainital
  • Uttarakhand
  • Violence

Related News

  • BJP has ‘warped mentality’ of protecting criminals: Rahul Gandhi

    BJP has ‘warped mentality’ of protecting criminals: Rahul Gandhi

  • 7 killed, 3 missing after debris, water enter tunnel in Uttarakhand

    7 killed, 3 missing after debris, water enter tunnel in Uttarakhand

  • Uttarakhand: 7 dead in tunnel tragedy in Chamoli; search on for 3 missing

    Uttarakhand: 7 dead in tunnel tragedy in Chamoli; search on for 3 missing

  • Centre notifies 40 questions for Census 2027; caste, SC, ST status included

    Centre notifies 40 questions for Census 2027; caste, SC, ST status included

Latest News

  • Telangana HC questions govt financial priorities over welfare schemes

    11 minutes ago
  • Telangana HC refuses to stay Raidurgam land auction

    14 minutes ago
  • Indian national declared bankrupt in Singapore over unpaid wages

    47 minutes ago
  • Amit Shah to attend SSB, border security programmes in Siliguri

    1 hour ago
  • Aisha Wahab becomes first Afghan-American elected to US Congress

    1 hour ago
  • Charter plane carrying eight crashes in western Alaska

    2 hours ago
  • NTA defends Rs 200 answer key challenge fee, says it benefits all candidates

    9 hours ago
  • Magnitude 6.7 earthquake strikes southern Peru; no damage reported

    9 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam