Saturday, Aug 22, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | News | Washington Donald Trump Us Us Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts Us Dollar

US Supreme Court temporarily allows White House ballroom construction to continue

The US Supreme Court has temporarily allowed construction of a new White House ballroom to continue, freezing lower court rulings that had ordered work to stop. The Trump administration said the privately funded project was 65 per cent complete.

By IANS
Published Date - 22 August 2026, 08:40 AM
US Supreme Court temporarily allows White House ballroom construction to continue
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Washington: The US Supreme Court on Friday (US local time) temporarily allowed the construction of a White House ballroom to continue.

Chief Justice John Roberts issued a temporary stay that freezes lower court rulings that would have required construction to stop, without addressing the legality of the project.


In court filings, the Trump administration said that as of August 14, construction was 65 per cent complete on the 400-million-US-dollar, privately funded project. The filing also showed that a 250-person crew has been working 20 hours a day, seven days a week, Xinhua news agency reported.

The Supreme Court’s latest move came two weeks after a divided federal appeals court in Washington ruled on August 7 that US President Donald Trump had been unlawfully constructing the new ballroom at the White House.

The US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit paused the ruling for 14 days to allow the administration to seek Supreme Court review.

The ruling, which sided with the National Trust for Historic Preservation, noted that over just three days in October 2025, “without undertaking promised consultations or obtaining Congress’s permission,” Trump bulldozed the entire East Wing in order to construct a massive, 90,000-square-foot ballroom paid for by private funds with “no congressional oversight.” Trump’s proposed White House ballroom expansion has been primarily backed by the White House and many congressional allies, but it has faced pushback and concern from several Republicans in Congress.

Earlier in July, Trump said that the restoration of the White House is a symbol of what he called America’s broader renewal, arguing that the country’s most recognisable building should reflect national strength, history and confidence.

Speaking from the Rose Garden on July 7, Trump devoted a significant portion of his remarks to the renovation of the White House, describing the work as both a preservation effort and a statement about the country’s future.

He also argued that the United States should possess ceremonial facilities equal to or surpassing those of other world powers.

“I was in the Great Hall of China recently… They have a very large ballroom… we’re going to have one that tops everything,” Trump said.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Chief Justice John Roberts
  • Donald Trump
  • US
  • US dollar

Related News

  • Rupee settles flat at 95.71 against US dollar as geopolitical tensions weigh

    Rupee settles flat at 95.71 against US dollar as geopolitical tensions weigh

  • Iran dismisses US economic threats

    Iran dismisses US economic threats

  • Tech leaders rally behind Trump’s crypto push

    Tech leaders rally behind Trump’s crypto push

  • Russian missile barrage kills at least 6 in Kyiv, injures 33

    Russian missile barrage kills at least 6 in Kyiv, injures 33

Latest News

  • US Supreme Court temporarily allows White House ballroom construction to continue

    11 seconds ago
  • Iran FM says US anti-Tehran economic operation is doomed to fail

    10 minutes ago
  • China investigates comedian after he alters revolutionary song lyric onstage

    16 minutes ago
  • Cartoon Today on Aug 22, 2026

    40 minutes ago
  • Watch: Rajinikanth’s Jailer 2 drops first single ‘Ala Bolelo’

    8 hours ago
  • Pakistan’s ISI boosts security amid new threats to LeT chief Hafiz Saeed

    8 hours ago
  • Six injured in knife attack in Delhi’s Mangolpuri: Police

    8 hours ago
  • Jannik Sinner, Jack Draper withdraw from US Open due to injury

    8 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam