Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | World | 21 Year Old Baloch Student Becomes Another Victim Of Extrajudicial Killing By Pakistani Forces

21-year-old Baloch student becomes another victim of extrajudicial killing by Pakistani forces

"Tragically, today morning, around 9:00 a.m., the family received devastating news: Zeeshan's bullet-riddled body was discovered near Surdu Ghareeb Nawaz Hotel. His body bore multiple gunshot wounds," read a statement issued by the Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC).

By IANS
Published Date - 30 June 2025, 04:56 PM
21-year-old Baloch student becomes another victim of extrajudicial killing by Pakistani forces
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Quetta: Zeeshan Baloch, a 21-year-old student and resident of Khudabadan, Panjgur in Balochistan, was extra-judicially killed on Monday after his enforced disappearance by a “Pakistan-backed death squad,” according to a human rights organisation.

“Tragically, today morning, around 9:00 a.m., the family received devastating news: Zeeshan’s bullet-riddled body was discovered near Surdu Ghareeb Nawaz Hotel. His body bore multiple gunshot wounds,” read a statement issued by the Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC).


The BYC asserted that the “targeted killing of Zeeshan, who had already endured the trauma of growing up without his father due to enforced disappearance, illustrates the multigenerational cycle of violence and repression inflicted on Baloch families by Pakistani authorities.”

Earlier in the day, several human rights organisations called for the immediate release of Zeeshan after his abduction on Sunday late evening from Football Chowk, Panjgur.

They said that Zeeshan was the victim of enforced disappearance by a “state-backed death squad.”

In the hours following Zeeshan’s abduction, his family staged a sit-in protest across the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) road in Panjgur, demanding his immediate release and raising urgent alarm over his safety.

Zeeshan was the son of Zaheer Ahmed, who himself has been forcibly disappeared since April 13, 2015, and remains missing until now.

“The family had already been receiving threats for their peaceful campaign to recover their father. Now, the very son who fought for his father’s freedom has become the next target,” the BYC said.

Another human rights body, Paank, had also raised its voice in support of Zeeshan, who it said had been actively involved in the campaign for his father’s safe release and notably participated in the long march to Islamabad, calling attention to the issue of enforced disappearances in Balochistan.

Paank held the Pakistan Army and its backed death squads responsible for the unlawful abduction and reiterated its call on international human rights bodies to take immediate action against the ongoing atrocities in Balochistan.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Khudabadan
  • Panjgur
  • Quetta
  • Zeeshan Baloch

Related News

  • People raise concern over communication blackout in Pakistan’s Balochistan

    People raise concern over communication blackout in Pakistan’s Balochistan

  • Pakistan: Religious scholars call for resolving Balochistan’s issues through dialogue

    Pakistan: Religious scholars call for resolving Balochistan’s issues through dialogue

  • Pakistan: Former senator says Balochistan Mines Act designed to ‘plunder resources’

    Pakistan: Former senator says Balochistan Mines Act designed to ‘plunder resources’

  • Pakistani airstrike in Balochistan injures nine civilians, says rights body

    Pakistani airstrike in Balochistan injures nine civilians, says rights body

Latest News

  • Telangana HC directs Kaloji Narayana Rao University to treat NEET candidate as local

    12 seconds ago
  • Detergent added instead of salt in Mid-Day Meal in Bihar Sharif; Over two dozen children fall ill

    9 minutes ago
  • Harish Rao, BRS leaders placed under house arrest ahead of Sanathnagar TIMS visit

    5 minutes ago
  • Pakistan extends airspace ban for Indian aircraft till Sep 24

    21 minutes ago
  • New US green card rule may hit Indians

    27 minutes ago
  • Kiara Advani on ‘Toxic’: This one taught me to be comfortable with the unfamiliar

    35 minutes ago
  • ‘Vindictive politics’: SP hits out at BJP over ED raids on Azam Khan-linked locations

    39 minutes ago
  • Nearly 7 in 10 new EPFO subscribers are between 18–25 age group: Report

    46 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam