Saturday, May 23, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | News | Bargi Cruise Tragedy Search Op Continues Amid Rough Weather Bodies Of 2 Victims To Be Sent To Tn

Bargi cruise tragedy: Search op continues amid rough weather; bodies of 2 victims to be sent to TN

Search operations continue at Bargi Dam after a cruise boat accident left four missing. National Disaster Response Force, SDRF and Army face rough weather, while two bodies have been recovered and efforts persist

By IANS
Published Date - 2 May 2026, 04:33 PM
Bargi cruise tragedy: Search op continues amid rough weather; bodies of 2 victims to be sent to TN
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Jabalpur: The coordinated search operation for four persons missing after the Bargi Dam cruise boat accident in Madhya Pradesh’s Jabalpur district continued on Saturday amid difficult weather conditions and strong water currents, by teams from the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), State Disaster Response Force (SDRF), and the Army.

Officials said the rescue operation began around 7:00 A.M., with divers and boats deployed across an expanded search area to trace the missing persons.


However, the operation is being repeatedly disrupted due to strong winds and rising waves in the reservoir, forcing intermittent halts to ensure the safety of personnel involved in the mission. SDOP Anjul Ayank Mishra said the challenging conditions are requiring cautious execution of the search plan.

The search is being conducted in phases as the weather remains unstable. Strong winds and the use of smaller boats make continuous operation risky, so brief pauses are necessary to ensure the safety of teams, Mishra said.

SDOP Lokesh Dawar, who is overseeing the ground operation, confirmed that all agencies are working in close coordination.

The rescue operation resumed around 6:00 A.M. today. NDRF, SDRF, and Army teams are continuously carrying out the search operation. The diving team has also been actively involved since morning. So far, no information has been received about additional survivors or recovered bodies, Dawar stated.

On Friday evening, authorities retrieved the submerged cruise boat from the dam using heavy machinery after underwater divers conducted extensive searches inside the vessel.

When no missing individuals were found within, the boat was lifted and later dismantled on-site using a JCB excavator to ensure a thorough inspection.

Senior officials, including Principal Secretary of the Tourism Department Ilaiyaraaja T., the Jabalpur Collector, and the Superintendent of Police, remained present throughout the operation, monitoring coordination between rescue agencies and administrative teams.

Meanwhile, the district administration has also initiated arrangements to transport the bodies of two deceased victims to Tamil Nadu. They will be airlifted to Trichy via Coimbatore after coordination with the bereaved families.

The incident involved 15 members of a family who were on an outing when the accident occurred. Among them was Kamaraj Arya, an employee of the Ordnance Factory Khamaria, along with his wife, children, and relatives. His 10-year-old son survived after being swept ashore and rescued by personnel present at the site.

So far, the bodies of two women Kakulazhi (38) and Soubhagyam Alagan (42)  have been recovered. However, Kamaraj Arya and two other family members remain missing as search operations continue without interruption, with rescue teams expanding efforts in the reservoir despite adverse conditions.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Army
  • Bargi Dam
  • boat accident
  • Jabalpur

Related News

  • Bhopal Court grants 7-day police custody to Samarth Singh in dowry death case

    Bhopal Court grants 7-day police custody to Samarth Singh in dowry death case

  • MP: Devotees throng Bhojshala to perform puja, other religious rituals

    MP: Devotees throng Bhojshala to perform puja, other religious rituals

  • Leopard attack suspected in deaths of four cheetah cubs at Kuno National Park: Officials

    Leopard attack suspected in deaths of four cheetah cubs at Kuno National Park: Officials

  • NDRF earned trust of 140 crore Indians in just 20 years: Amit Shah

    NDRF earned trust of 140 crore Indians in just 20 years: Amit Shah

Latest News

  • Telangana Cabinet approves DISCOMs’ entry into RDSS; Indiramma Housing Phase II on June 1

    11 mins ago
  • China to launch Shenzhou-23 with first Hong Kong astronaut

    28 mins ago
  • ‘Motherhood not a disability’: Delhi HC clears Vinesh Phogat for Asian Games trials

    36 mins ago
  • Pushpa star shares warm moment with cricketer Venkatesh Iyer in Mumbai

    46 mins ago
  • Telangana launches portal under Hyderabad Industrial Land Transformation Policy

    1 hour ago
  • Two murders shake Telangana; raise law and order concerns

    1 hour ago
  • Cyberabad police to enforce traffic diversions at Novopan Junction from May 24

    2 hours ago
  • ‘Drishyam’ actor Ansiba Hassan claims she was called ‘jihadi’, forced to resign

    2 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam