Tuesday, Aug 18, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Sport | Bengaluru Stampede Fir Filed Against Rcb Event Firm And Ksca For Culpable Homicide

Bengaluru stampede: FIR filed against RCB, event firm and KSCA for culpable homicide

The political slugfest over the tragedy also intensified as the BJP demanded resignations of chief minister Siddaramaiah and his deputy D K Shivkumar, who accused it of playing "dirty politics".

By PTI
Published Date - 5 June 2025, 10:18 PM
Bengaluru stampede: FIR filed against RCB, event firm and KSCA for culpable homicide
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Bengaluru: The Bengaluru police on Thursday registered an FIR against RCB, the state cricket association, and others under various charges, including culpable homicide not amounting to murder, in connection with the stampede outside Chinnaswamy stadium that killed 11 people.

The political slugfest over the tragedy also intensified as the BJP demanded resignations of chief minister Siddaramaiah and his deputy D K Shivkumar, who accused it of playing “dirty politics”.

Also Read

  • There should be no road shows, says Gautam Gambhir

Following a complaint by a police inspector, the case was also registered against the event management firm DNA Entertainment Private Limited at Cubbon Park station, police said.

Charges in the FIR included voluntarily causing hurt (section 115), voluntarily causing hurt or grievous hurt by using dangerous weapons or means (section 118), voluntarily causing hurt or grievous hurt to deter public servant from his duty (section 121) and unlawful assembly (section 190) of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita.

Also on Thursday, Bengaluru Urban Deputy Commissioner G Jagadeesha, who is heading the magisterial probe into the stampede, said notices will be issued to Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA), RCB and Police Commissioner B Dayananda to join the inquiry while the Karnataka High Court, which took up the matter suo moto, directed the state government to file a status report into the tragic incident by June 10.

Meanwhile, Karnataka home minister Parameshwara announced that the government will formulate a new Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for mega events, meetings, and celebrations to prevent any untoward incidents.

However, the government announcements or registration of FIR did little for the victims’ inconsolable families.

“Why didn’t they make proper arrangements? Go and see Mysore Palace Road — for political events, they arrange everything. For this celebration, they should have had proper planning. Intelligence should have been there,” said Shivakumar, the grieving father of 15-year-old Divyanshi.

Relatives gathered at the home of the grieving family in Bengaluru’s Yelahanka as the teen’s body was taken for the last rites, a heartbreaking sight.

The mortal remains of some of the victims, hailing from outside Bengaluru, were sent to their respective hometowns, including Siddapur in Uttara Kannada and Udumalaipettai in Tamil Nadu.

Stepping up the attack against the Congress government in the state, BJP MP and national spokesperson Sambit Patra in New Delhi said,”This is clearly the failure of the state government. The state government will have to own its failure. The chief minister and the deputy chief minister will have to resign for the death of 11 innocent people and those who suffered injuries in the incident.”

He also alleged that the “mutual fight and rift” between the two led to the state “government-manufactured stampede” and asked Congress leader Rahul Gandhi to break his silence over the tragic incident.
Earlier in the day, Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister D K Shivakumar turned emotional and said that Bengaluru has lost its image due to the incident.

“We are deeply hurt. The victims are our own family. The image of Karnataka, the image of Bengaluru…Yes, we take it (responsibility). We are not blaming others, though it has happened very unexpectedly,” he said.

Reacting to allegations by the opposition that police had not permitted celebrations, he said, ” I don’t want to react to any of these BJP guys. I am only answerable to the people of Karnataka and the people of the country. All BJP persons are nonsense… They are also the masterminds of these dirty things.”

He also accused the opposition BJP and JD(S) of playing politics on dead bodies and said that the state government has taken full responsibility for the incident.

The state government also informed the high court that the investigation into the stampede has been handed over to the Criminal Investigation Department (CID). A Special Investigation Team (SIT) within the CID will be formed to ensure a thorough and independent probe, it said.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Bengaluru police
  • DNA Entertainment
  • FIR
  • Royal Challengers Bengaluru

Related News

  • PBKS spinner Harpreet Brar says respect for Virat Kohli remains despite IPL battles

    PBKS spinner Harpreet Brar says respect for Virat Kohli remains despite IPL battles

  • Two held, five others booked in Kerala minor sexual assault case

    Two held, five others booked in Kerala minor sexual assault case

  • Bhuvneshwar Kumar says love for cricket, not India comeback, keeps him motivated

    Bhuvneshwar Kumar says love for cricket, not India comeback, keeps him motivated

  • CBI books Reliance Capital, Anil Ambani in EPFO loss case

    CBI books Reliance Capital, Anil Ambani in EPFO loss case

Latest News

  • Bombay HC suspends life sentence of Dabholkar murder convict Sachin Andure, grants bail

    21 seconds ago
  • Five cobras rescued in Hyderabad during Naga Panchami

    55 seconds ago
  • Farmers pushed to their limits in for irrigation water in Khammam

    16 minutes ago
  • Eight AP fishermen missing at sea since August 3, search operation underway

    17 minutes ago
  • KTR condemns removal of Peddi Sudarshan Reddy’s statue, calls it barbaric

    23 minutes ago
  • Satyendar Jain arrested at BJP’s behest, case will be proved fake: Kejriwal

    28 minutes ago
  • Telangana Employees Plan Protests on August 27, Mahadharna on September 10

    37 minutes ago
  • Former Delhi minister Satyendar Jain, ex-DJB CEO among six arrested in alleged tender scam

    41 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam