Tuesday, May 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | News | Delhi Hc Lists Cbi Plea Against Kejriwals Discharge For May 25

Delhi HC lists CBI plea against Kejriwal’s discharge for May 25

The Delhi High Court scheduled May 25 hearing on the CBI’s plea against discharge of Arvind Kejriwal and others in the liquor policy case. The court directed the agency to inform unrepresented respondents about the bench change and upcoming proceedings

By PTI
Published Date - 19 May 2026, 03:21 PM
Delhi HC lists CBI plea against Kejriwal’s discharge for May 25
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Tuesday listed for hearing on May 25 the CBI’s petition against the trial court order discharging all accused persons in the liquor policy case and asked the agency to inform former Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal, his deputy Manish Sisodia and former MLA Durgesh Pathak about the change of bench.

“Let them be intimated that the case has been allocated to this court. So if they have to say anything or respond to the present petition. Let them be served. Once everybody is here, we will draw a schedule of hearing,” Justice Manoj Jain said. The CBI’s petition assailing the trial court’s decision was listed before Justice Jain after Justice Swarana Kanta Sharma released it from her court last week.


On February 27, the trial court discharged Kejriwal, Sisodia and 21 others in the liquor policy case, as it ruled that the case was wholly unable to survive judicial scrutiny and stood discredited in its entirety.
Subsequently, Kejriwal, Sisodia, Pathak and some other respondents sought Justice Sharma’s recusal in the case on an apprehension of bias and conflict of interest.

After Justice Sharma dismissed their applications seeking her recusal in the case on April 20, Kejriwal, Sisodia and Pathak wrote to Justice Sharma, stating they would not appear before her personally or through a lawyer and would follow “Mahatma Gandhi’s path of Satyagraha”.

On May 14, Justice Sharma, however, initiated criminal contempt proceedings against them and other AAP leader for their “vilifying” social media posts against her and clarified that the matter would be sent to another bench.

During the hearing on Tuesday, Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, appearing for the CBI, stated that trial court order of discharge “cannot withstand scrutiny of any court in the eyes of law.” He also emphasised that the hearing in the case should not be delayed as it concerns a “scam in the capital of the nation.” Noting that three respondents, Kejriwal, Sisodia and Pathak, were unrepresented, Justice Jain deferred hearing till May 25 and said, “Ideal scenario is that everybody is here and everybody is heard.”

“They should be here, duly represented by a counsel. We can take this matter further,” Justice Jain said. The judge orally observed that since the matter was already in the news, the unrepresented respondents would be aware of the change of bench.

“But this is the requirement of the law also. We will not shy away from sending them fresh notice or message that now the case is now before this court and if you have anything to say please tell us,” the judge said. SG Mehta said the agency will inform them as per the court’s directions.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Arvind Kejriwal
  • CBI
  • Delhi High Court
  • discharge order

Related News

  • He refused to join BJP: Kejriwal defends AAP leader Deepak Singla

    He refused to join BJP: Kejriwal defends AAP leader Deepak Singla

  • Delhi court sends NEET paper leak accused to CBI custody

    Delhi court sends NEET paper leak accused to CBI custody

  • CBI intensifies NEET paper leak probe in Maharashtra’s Nanded

    CBI intensifies NEET paper leak probe in Maharashtra’s Nanded

  • NEET paper leak case: Manisha Mandhare sent to 14 days’ CBI custody

    NEET paper leak case: Manisha Mandhare sent to 14 days’ CBI custody

Latest News

  • Delhi HC lists CBI plea against Kejriwal’s discharge for May 25

    21 seconds ago
  • Portfolio disputes emerge in V D Satheesan-led UDF cabinet

    3 mins ago
  • CBSE says Class 12 re-evaluation portal working despite student complaints

    8 mins ago
  • Hyderabad To Host Its First-Ever Bridgerton-Inspired Ballroom Experience

    16 mins ago
  • Maoists, security forces exchange fire in Jharkhand

    17 mins ago
  • Top AI chatbots people are using beyond ChatGPT and Gemini

    21 mins ago
  • Crude oil futures hit record Rs 10,044 on MCX amid West Asia crisis

    32 mins ago
  • Tim White praises India’s junior hockey talent pathway

    39 mins ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam