Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Cricket | Dwayne Bravo To Retire From International Cricket After T20 World Cup

Dwayne Bravo to retire from international cricket after T20 World Cup

Abu Dhabi: Star West Indian all-rounder Dwayne Bravo says he will retire from international cricket after the ongoing T20 World Cup here as “time has come” to leave the stage after a career he can be proud of. The 38-year-old Bravo came out of retirement in 2019 and has been a key member of the […]

By PTI
Updated On - 5 November 2021, 08:20 PM
Dwayne Bravo to retire from international cricket after T20 World Cup
West Indies superstar all-rounder Bravo calls time on his international career. Photo: IANS
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Abu Dhabi: Star West Indian all-rounder Dwayne Bravo says he will retire from international cricket after the ongoing T20 World Cup here as “time has come” to leave the stage after a career he can be proud of.

The 38-year-old Bravo came out of retirement in 2019 and has been a key member of the West Indies team defending its title in the ongoing T20 World Cup.


But the Caribbeans are out contention for a semifinal spot after losing to Sri Lanka — their third in the showpiece — in a Super 12 match on Thursday.

West Indies’ inconsequential match against Australia here on Saturday will be Bravo’s last international outing, bringing down the curtains on a career spanning more than 17 years.

“I think the time has come. I’ve had a very good career. To represent the West Indies for 18 years, had some ups and downs, but as I look back at it I’m very grateful to represent the region and the Caribbean people for so long,” said Bravo who has been an integral part of the four-time IPL champion Chennai Super Kings team.

Earlier in the year, during their home series against Pakistan, skipper Kieron Pollard had said that Bravo was playing his last T20I game on the Caribbean soil.

Bravo, who has appeared at all seven T20 World Cups and helped West Indies lift the trophy in 2012 and 2016, has 90 T20I caps for his country, scoring 1245 runs and picking up 78 wickets. He has more than 500 appearances in the T20 format overall.

After making his international debut in 2004, Bravo also played in 40 Tests, scoring 2200 runs at an average of 31.42 and taking 86 wickets. He also has 2968 runs and 199 wickets to his name from 164 ODIs.

Bravo admitted “it wasn’t the World Cup we wanted”.
“For me now I want to try and pass on whatever experience and information I have with the younger players,” he said. “I think in the white-ball formats West Indies cricket have a bright future and it’s important for us to keep supporting the guys and keep encouraging them. “It wasn’t the World Cup we expected, it wasn’t the World Cup we wanted as players. We shouldn’t feel sorry for ourselves, it was a tough competition, we should keep our heads high.”


Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.

Click to follow Telangana Today Facebook page and Twitter .


  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Dwayne Bravo
  • T20 World Cup
  • West Indies

Related News

  • Justin Greaves, Hayley Matthews win ICC Player of the Month awards for July

    Justin Greaves, Hayley Matthews win ICC Player of the Month awards for July

  • 7:29 pm on August 15: The moment MS Dhoni retired from international cricket

    7:29 pm on August 15: The moment MS Dhoni retired from international cricket

  • Cricket legend Sir Garfield Sobers passes away at 89 in Barbados

    Cricket legend Sir Garfield Sobers passes away at 89 in Barbados

  • Pakistan all-rounder Mohammad Nawaz handed three-month ban after failing dope test

    Pakistan all-rounder Mohammad Nawaz handed three-month ban after failing dope test

Latest News

  • NCERT reconstitutes political science textbook development team

    1 minute ago
  • Telangana SIR: 92.87 lakh electors to receive notices over roll discrepancies

    4 minutes ago
  • Delhi HC closes UGC-NET plea after Centre announces retest

    4 minutes ago
  • Tejashwi Yadav detained during Patna march over NEET paper leak

    7 minutes ago
  • How lifestyle SUVs have transformed India’s automotive market

    11 minutes ago
  • BRS launches legal cell for victims affected by 22A restrictions

    15 minutes ago
  • Design Democracy 2026: Fourth edition to be held at HITEX from September 18 to 20

    15 minutes ago
  • Siliconops.ai launches siliconcloud.in, sovereign cloud platform for Indian enterprises

    19 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam