Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | News | Ericsson Ceo Lobbying Against Swedish Ban On Huawei Zte Report 2

Ericsson CEO lobbying against Swedish ban on Huawei, ZTE: Report

In a series of text messages to Swedish Foreign Trade Minister Anna Hallberg, the CEO has urged a review of the ban by the Swedish Post and Telecommunication Administration, which requires operators to withdraw

By IANS
Updated On - 3 January 2021, 05:16 PM
Ericsson CEO lobbying against Swedish ban on Huawei, ZTE: Report
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Stockholm/New Delhi: Borje Ekholm, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Swedish telecom giant Ericsson, has been lobbying the government to repeal a ban that prohibits Huawei and ZTE from participating in the country’s 5G construction, according to local newspaper Dagens Nyheter.

In a series of text messages to Swedish Foreign Trade Minister Anna Hallberg, the CEO has urged a review of the ban by the Swedish Post and Telecommunication Administration, which requires operators to withdraw the Chinese companies from local 5G infrastructure by January 2025.


In the messages unveiled by the newspaper, Ekholm said Ericsson would leave Sweden if the authorities continue to hold the ban on Huawei and ZTE, reports Xinhua news agency.

Jacob Wallenberg, deputy chair of Ericsson’s board of directors, also said “stopping Huawei is definitely not good” in an interview with the newspaper in late December last year.

However, Hallberg told Dagens Nyheter that she would not interfere in the decisions related to the ban, adding that she did not meet with Ekholm.

In November last year, the UK government said that the Chinese telecom giant Huawei will not be able to install its 5G equipments in the country from September 2021.

The UK government has laid out a roadmap for removing all telecoms equipment made by “high risk vendors,” including Huawei, from the country’s 5G network by 2027.

The US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) also designated Chinese telecom companies, Huawei and ZTE, as national security risks to America’s communications networks.

As its production and operations face significant challenges due to trade restrictions imposed by the US, Huawei is reportedly pushing for setting up of a dedicated chip plant in China which can help reduce dependence on foreign technology for running its core telecom infrastructure business.

Shanghai IC R&D Centre, a chip research company backed by the Shanghai Municipal government will run the plant, the Financial Times reported recently, citing people familiar with the matter.

The plan is to start with low-end 45nm chips and acquiring expertise for developing 20nm chips in two years so that its 5G telecoms equipment business can continue even in the face of US restrictions, said the report.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Borje Ekholm
  • CEO
  • Chief Executive Officer
  • Corona Virus Deaths

Related News

  • Harish Rao accuses Congress government of suppressing licensed surveyors

    Harish Rao accuses Congress government of suppressing licensed surveyors

  • KT Rama Rao, Harish Rao condole death of Virahat Ali’s mother

    KT Rama Rao, Harish Rao condole death of Virahat Ali’s mother

  • Kakatiya University — Five Decades of a Grand Journey Illuminating the Knowledge Landscape of North Telangana

    Kakatiya University — Five Decades of a Grand Journey Illuminating the Knowledge Landscape of North Telangana

  • India seeks ‘positive and constructive’ relations with Bangladesh: MEA

    India seeks ‘positive and constructive’ relations with Bangladesh: MEA

Latest News

  • Satwik-Chirag advance at BWF World Championships after Scottish pair withdraws

    3 minutes ago
  • Dhruv Kapila-Tanisha Crasto advance to BWF World Championships third round

    46 minutes ago
  • Manav Suthar’s 6-55 helps India seal 165-run win over Sri Lanka in Galle Test

    1 hour ago
  • Sunita Ahuja arrives at Bandra Court amidst ugly spat with Govinda

    1 hour ago
  • PV Sindhu reveals Virat Kohli advice that changed her perspective during tough phase

    1 hour ago
  • Samantha Ruth Prabhu shares holiday moments with husband Raj Nidimoru

    1 hour ago
  • Chhattisgarh: Minor raped by father; fake papers used to facilitate delivery, sell her baby; 8 held

    1 hour ago
  • TIMS legacy row: BRS highlights project timeline as Sanathnagar campus opens

    29 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam