Tuesday, Aug 18, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Entertainment | Farhan Akhtar Backed Manipuri Movie Boong To Be Spotlight Film At Iffm 2025

Farhan Akhtar backed Manipuri movie ‘Boong’ to be Spotlight Film at IFFM 2025

Farhan Akhtar-backed Manipuri film Boong, directed by Lakshmipriya Devi, has been named Spotlight Film at IFFM 2025. The festival runs from August 14-24, also featuring Farhan’s war drama 120 Bahadur.

By IANS
Updated On - 11 August 2025, 10:03 AM
Farhan Akhtar backed Manipuri movie ‘Boong’ to be Spotlight Film at IFFM 2025
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Mumbai: Filmmaker-actor Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani’s Excel Entertainment’s latest production, Boong, has been selected as the Spotlight Film of the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM) 2025.

Boong marks the directorial debut of Lakshmipriya Devi, a seasoned industry professional who has previously worked as the first assistant director on acclaimed projects including Luck by Chance, Talaash, PK, and Mira Nair’s A Suitable Boy.


Speaking on the selection, Festival Director Mitu Bhowmick Lange said: “We are thrilled to present the world premiere of Boong as this year’s Spotlight Film. It’s a story that is as bold as it is intimate, and Lakshmipriya Devi’s debut is a powerful reminder of the extraordinary talent working behind the scenes in Indian cinema.”

“IFFM has always been committed to championing new voices, and Boong is exactly the kind of story that resonates globally — deeply rooted in its context yet universally human in its emotion.”

The movie stars Gugun Kipgen and Bala Hijam in the lead roles. The film had its world premiere at the 2024 Toronto International Film Festival under the Discovery section.

The film follows Boong, who, along with his friend Sanamatum, ventures out on a journey to reunite his family. It serves as his mother’s unexpected gift.

The Indian Film Festival of Melbourne will be held between August 14 and 24, 2025, bringing together cinematic talents from across the globe and offering a premier platform for Indian films to connect with international audiences.

Talking about Farhan, he will next be seen in the upcoming war drama 120 Bahadur. The gripping teaser from the film was unveiled on Tuesday.

Farhan steps into the role of Major Shaitan Singh Bhati. The initial glimpse of the film hints at an inspiring tale of courage and sacrifice rooted in patriotism.

Inspired by the Battle of Rezang La in 1962, where the Indian Army’s 13th Kumaon Regiment fought the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA), the teaser pays tribute to the bravery of 120 Indian soldiers who stood their ground against thousands with one thunderous declaration: “Hum Peechhe Nahin Hatenge!” (We will not step back).

Major Shaitan Singh, who led the defense, was posthumously awarded the Param Vir Chakra, India’s highest military honor.

The movie, shot across Ladakh, Rajasthan, and Mumbai, and mounted on a massive scale, has made an honest attempt to recreate the war front with utmost accuracy — from the frozen terrains to battlefield silence.

120 Bahadur is slated to release in cinema halls on November 21 this year.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Boong
  • Farhan Akhtar
  • i
  • Lakshmipriya Devi

Related News

  • Assam to honour 1,000 farmers with Rs 1 lakh each, says Himanta Biswa Sarma

    Assam to honour 1,000 farmers with Rs 1 lakh each, says Himanta Biswa Sarma

  • Farhan Akhtar revisits ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ with rare storyboards on 25th anniversary

    Farhan Akhtar revisits ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ with rare storyboards on 25th anniversary

  • Sonali Kulkarni revisits Dil Chahta Hai script as film completes 25 years

    Sonali Kulkarni revisits Dil Chahta Hai script as film completes 25 years

  • Farhan Akhtar celebrates 25 years of Dil Chahta Hai: ‘Can’t believe it’s been 25 years’

    Farhan Akhtar celebrates 25 years of Dil Chahta Hai: ‘Can’t believe it’s been 25 years’

Latest News

  • JSSC-CGL exam cancellation triggers protests, over 2,000 employees face job uncertainty

    1 minute ago
  • RBI faces challenge in predicting currency demand amid UPI growth

    12 minutes ago
  • Dasoju Sravan questions Congress govt’s loot of private property owners through 22A land restrictions

    16 minutes ago
  • Asifabad Congress faces internal rift over DCC chief Athram Suguna

    16 minutes ago
  • Bengaluru double murder: Woman allegedly kills husband, child with lover’s help

    23 minutes ago
  • India, Israel expect two more rounds of FTA talks, says ambassador

    37 minutes ago
  • AP Police launch hunt for shooting academy coach after family suicide

    52 minutes ago
  • Uttam Kumar Reddy directs cautious water release for irrigation

    57 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam