Tuesday, Aug 18, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Five Arrested After Factory Blast Kills Four Workers In Assams Cachar District

Five arrested after factory blast kills four workers in Assam’s Cachar district

Five people, including a factory owner, have been arrested after an explosion at a rod manufacturing unit in Assam's Cachar district killed four workers. Multiple investigations have been ordered as authorities examine alleged safety lapses and possible negligence behind the fatal industrial accident

By IANS
Published Date - 27 July 2026, 06:56 PM
Five arrested after factory blast kills four workers in Assam’s Cachar district
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Guwahati: Five persons, including the owner of a factory, have been arrested in connection with the explosion at a rod manufacturing unit in Assam’s Cachar district that claimed the lives of four workers, officials said on Monday.

The arrests were made following directions from Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma as police intensified their investigation into the fatal industrial accident that occurred at the company’s Pangram unit under the Udharband Assembly constituency.


The arrested include the firm’s owner, Rakesh Kumar Surana. Police said the remaining accused were associated with the operation and management of the factory. A case has been registered, and further investigation is underway.

A team from the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) has also visited the factory premises to collect scientific evidence to determine the sequence of events that led to the explosion.

The incident occurred on Sunday at around 11 a.m. when molten metal reportedly exploded inside the factory’s processing unit, killing four workers on the spot. The blast was so powerful that it was heard across the locality, with locals claiming that the victims’ bodies were severely mutilated in the explosion.

The deceased have been identified as Appu Boraik, Kiron Munda, Shyamal Gaur and Sagar Nath, a resident of Agartala in neighbouring Tripura. After doctors at Silchar Medical College and Hospital confirmed their deaths, the bodies were sent for post-mortem examination.

Police, Fire and Emergency Services personnel rushed to the spot immediately after the explosion and rescued several injured workers. While some were shifted to nearby hospitals for treatment, others sustained minor injuries and were later discharged.

The Assam government has announced an ex gratia of Rs 5 lakh each for the families of the four deceased workers. Udharband MLA Rajdeep Goala, accompanied by Cachar Deputy Commissioner Rahul Kumar Gupta, handed over the financial assistance to the bereaved families and assured them of all possible support from the state government.

Earlier, Assam Minister Kaushik Rai had announced that a magisterial inquiry, a police investigation and a separate probe by the Labour Department had been ordered to ascertain the cause of the explosion and examine whether mandatory industrial safety protocols were followed. He had also said the district administration had sought details from the company regarding safety measures in place at the factory.

Meanwhile, residents alleged that smaller explosions had occurred at the factory in the past but were never officially reported. Family members of one of the deceased workers also alleged that the management initially attempted to conceal the severity of Sunday’s incident.

Police said these allegations would also be examined as part of the ongoing investigation. Officials said strict legal action would be taken against anyone found responsible for negligence or violation of industrial safety norms.

The incident has once again brought workplace safety and enforcement of industrial regulations in Assam under scrutiny.

 

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • assam
  • Cachar
  • factory blast
  • Himanta Biswa Sarma

Related News

  • Assam floods: 32,000 affected across four districts, toll reaches 105

    Assam floods: 32,000 affected across four districts, toll reaches 105

  • Assam to honour 1,000 farmers with Rs 1 lakh each, says Himanta Biswa Sarma

    Assam to honour 1,000 farmers with Rs 1 lakh each, says Himanta Biswa Sarma

  • Tension in Assam’s Sribhumi after BJP booth president found dead

    Tension in Assam’s Sribhumi after BJP booth president found dead

  • Assam flood situation improves, over 77,000 people remain affected

    Assam flood situation improves, over 77,000 people remain affected

Latest News

  • Wanaparthy MLA Megha Reddy complains against Chinna Reddy, demands action

    4 minutes ago
  • Andhra Pradesh police launch hunt for shooting coach after family suicide

    6 minutes ago
  • I was a huge fan of Harbhajan, says Ashwin

    30 minutes ago
  • History-sheeters’ infiltrated July 20 protest, 240 cops injured: Delhi Police tells SC

    33 minutes ago
  • The Playscape Brings Purposeful Play to Hyderabad’s Kids

    45 minutes ago
  • Divya, Tejaswin, Gayatri Gopichand named for Arjuna Awards

    1 hour ago
  • Tarapith hotel fire: Police search for main hotel owner absconding since mishap

    1 hour ago
  • Rain disrupts coal production at SCCL mines

    1 hour ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam