Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | World | Hamas Criticises New Gaza Ceasefire Proposal As Favouring Netanyahus Conditions

Hamas criticises new Gaza ceasefire proposal as favouring Netanyahu’s conditions

The group stated that the proposal aligns with Netanyahu's demands, which include rejecting a permanent ceasefire, maintaining control over the Netzarim Corridor, Rafah Crossing, and the Philadelphi Corridor, and setting new conditions for the prisoner exchange.

By IANS
Updated On - 19 August 2024, 10:04 AM
Hamas criticises new Gaza ceasefire proposal as favouring Netanyahu’s conditions
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Gaza: Hamas has criticised the new ceasefire proposal for Gaza, presented in Doha last week, as catering to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s conditions, particularly his refusal to agree to a permanent ceasefire.

The group claimed the proposal aligns with Netanyahu’s demands, including rejecting a permanent ceasefire, maintaining control over the Netzarim Corridor, Rafah Crossing, and the Philadelphi Corridor, and setting new conditions on the prisoner exchange, which Hamas said hindered the deal’s completion, Xinhua news agency reported.

Also Read

  • Israel bombs 40 targets in Gaza as Hamas ‘kills’ Israeli soldiers

Hamas accused Netanyahu of “being fully responsible” for the mediators’ failure, obstructing an agreement, and endangering Israeli hostages by “continuing his aggressive actions against Gaza.”

The group reiterated its commitment to the agreement reached on July 2, based on US President Joe Biden’s announcement and a UN Security Council resolution, urging Egyptian and Qatari mediators to enforce the agreed terms.

A new round of Gaza ceasefire negotiations took place in Doha on Thursday and Friday, following which the three mediators issued a joint statement announcing that the talks have made “constructive” progress and that relevant parties would continue their efforts in the coming days to negotiate the details of the deal’s implementation.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu‘s office expressed gratitude for the mediators’ efforts and hoped they would lead Hamas to accept the terms of a proposal made in late May.

Meanwhile, Hamas, which did not participate directly, accused Israel of adding new conditions to a previously supported proposal, and accused the US administration of trying to create a “false positive atmosphere,” expressing scepticism about the negotiations’ outcome.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Ceasefire
  • Doha
  • Gaza
  • Hamas

Related News

  • Netanyahu says Israel will not withdraw from Gaza until Hamas is disarmed

    Netanyahu says Israel will not withdraw from Gaza until Hamas is disarmed

  • Trump says Gaza deal reached for Hamas disarmament

    Trump says Gaza deal reached for Hamas disarmament

  • Israeli airstrike targets funeral in Gaza, 7 dead, several injured

    Israeli airstrike targets funeral in Gaza, 7 dead, several injured

  • Iran says Strait of Hormuz is closed, claims it struck vessel using ‘unauthorised route’

    Iran says Strait of Hormuz is closed, claims it struck vessel using ‘unauthorised route’

Latest News

  • Telangana HC directs Kaloji Narayana Rao University to treat NEET candidate as local

    12 seconds ago
  • Detergent added instead of salt in Mid-Day Meal in Bihar Sharif; Over two dozen children fall ill

    9 minutes ago
  • Harish Rao, BRS leaders placed under house arrest ahead of Sanathnagar TIMS visit

    5 minutes ago
  • Pakistan extends airspace ban for Indian aircraft till Sep 24

    21 minutes ago
  • New US green card rule may hit Indians

    27 minutes ago
  • Kiara Advani on ‘Toxic’: This one taught me to be comfortable with the unfamiliar

    35 minutes ago
  • ‘Vindictive politics’: SP hits out at BJP over ED raids on Azam Khan-linked locations

    39 minutes ago
  • Nearly 7 in 10 new EPFO subscribers are between 18–25 age group: Report

    46 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam