Hyderabad: A major fire broke at a textile shop at Koti on Saturday night. No casualties were reported, but property was damaged.
Police suspect a short circuit in the shop had led to the fire.
The incident occurred when reportedly a few customers were still present in the shop. The shop owner who noticed the fire and smoke in the shop immediately alerted the police and fire department. Four fire engines reached the spot and doused off the fire in an operation which took nearly two hours.
The Sultan Bazaar police and GHMC officials too took part in rescue operation. Panic gripped in vicinity, and the incident led to traffic congestion in the surrounding areas.
The Sultan Bazaar police are investigating. The worth of the property damaged is yet to be estimated.
Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.