Jangaon: Woman dies, husband battle for lives after consuming tea

The deceased was identified as Dasaram Anjamma. It is learnt that Anjamma, while making tea in the morning, mixed the pesticide granules in water mistaking it for tea powder.

By   |  Published: 31st Mar 2021  5:18 pm

Jangaon: In a tragic incident, a 60-year-old woman died and her husband and brother-in-law are in serious condition after they reportedly consumed ‘tea’ mistakenly made with some pesticide granules at Ramachandrapuram village of Bachhannapet mandal in the district on Wednesday.

The deceased was identified as Dasaram Anjamma. It is learnt that Anjamma, while making tea in the morning, mixed the pesticide granules in water mistaking it for tea powder. Anjamma, her husband Mallaiah (70), and brother-in-law Bikshapathi (60) consumed the poisonous concoction and fell unconscious.

Their relatives found them later and rushed them to Jangaon Area Government Hospital for treatment. But Anjamma succumbed to the poison while Mallaiah and Bikshapathi were shifted to MGM Hospital in Warangal.

The condition of Mallaiah and his younger brother is said to be serious. Bachannapet police visited Ramachandrapuram village and started investigations.


Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.

Click to follow Telangana Today Facebook page and Twitter .