Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | World | Mossad Chief Visits Qatar As Israel Seeks Full Gaza Hostage Deal

Mossad chief visits Qatar as Israel seeks full Gaza hostage deal

Israel’s Mossad chief, David Barnea, visited Doha to discuss a Gaza hostage deal with Qatar’s Prime Minister. Israel said phased releases are off the table, now seeking a full deal to free all hostages amid ongoing military operations in Gaza.

By IANS
Published Date - 15 August 2025, 03:52 PM
Mossad chief visits Qatar as Israel seeks full Gaza hostage deal
IANS
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Jerusalem: Israel’s Mossad Chief David Barnea visited Doha for talks with Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Jassim Al Thani on a Gaza hostage deal, media reported.

A senior Israeli official told Israel’s state-owned Kan TV on Thursday that Barnea informed the Qatari Prime Minister that a phased deal for the release of the 50 hostages held in Gaza “is off the table”.


The official said the meeting focused on “issues involving the Mossad” and not on renewing the indirect negotiations in Doha, the last of which took place in early July, Xinhua news agency reported.

The visit comes after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Tuesday that efforts to secure a truce in Gaza are now centered on a comprehensive deal to release all remaining hostages at once.

Previous deals involved temporary truces in exchange for the phased release of hostages.

Barnea’s visit also follows reports that a Hamas delegation arrived in Qatar earlier this week, in a bid to revive negotiations and avert Israel’s plan to further escalate its offensive in Gaza.

According to Channel 12, Barnea conveyed to al-Thani during their meeting that Israel was not bluffing with its plan to conquer Gaza, and intends to do so unless there’s progress in the talks to free the hostages.

Following the breakdown of negotiations for a temporary ceasefire last month, and after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s government approved plans to invade Gaza City and widen the military’s grip on the Gaza Strip, Israeli officials have signaled that they are no longer interested in securing a temporary calm and the release of only some of the hostages.

Instead, they have said Israel wants to pursue a comprehensive deal to release the remaining hostages and end the war in Gaza on Jerusalem’s terms — with the demilitarisation of the Strip and the installation of a new government that is not connected to Hamas or the Palestinian Authority.

Still, mediator Egypt is trying to bring both Israel and Hamas back to the negotiating table to discuss a temporary truce with room for it to turn into a permanent ceasefire once both sides have agreed on the exact terms.

The framework would likely be similar to the previous one put forward by US Special Envoy Steve Witkoff, which was at the centre of the failed negotiations last month.

“The main objective is to go back to the original proposal — to have a ceasefire for 60 days, with the release of some hostages and some Palestinian detainees, and the flow of humanitarian and medical assistance to Gaza without restrictions, without conditions,” Egyptian Foreign Minister Badr Abdelatty said earlier this week, announcing the plans.

As Israeli forces continued their assault in Gaza, local health authorities said on Thursday that at least 50 people were killed throughout the enclave over the past 24 hours and 831 wounded, including 22 killed while trying to get food at aid centres.

Since October 2023, at least 61,776 people have been killed by Israeli strikes and gunfire, the authorities added.

Four more people died of famine and malnutrition, bringing the total to 239, including 106 children.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Gaza
  • Hamas
  • hostages
  • Israel

Related News

  • India, Israel expect two more rounds of FTA talks, says ambassador

    India, Israel expect two more rounds of FTA talks, says ambassador

  • Qatar denies claims of detaining Iranian pilots

    Qatar denies claims of detaining Iranian pilots

  • Netanyahu says Israel will not withdraw from Gaza until Hamas is disarmed

    Netanyahu says Israel will not withdraw from Gaza until Hamas is disarmed

  • Trump says US agrees to hold off Iran attack as deal takes shape, cites Hormuz reopening

    Trump says US agrees to hold off Iran attack as deal takes shape, cites Hormuz reopening

Latest News

  • Telangana HC directs Kaloji Narayana Rao University to treat NEET candidate as local

    19 seconds ago
  • Detergent added instead of salt in Mid-Day Meal in Bihar Sharif; Over two dozen children fall ill

    9 minutes ago
  • Harish Rao, BRS leaders placed under house arrest ahead of Sanathnagar TIMS visit

    5 minutes ago
  • Pakistan extends airspace ban for Indian aircraft till Sep 24

    21 minutes ago
  • New US green card rule may hit Indians

    27 minutes ago
  • Kiara Advani on ‘Toxic’: This one taught me to be comfortable with the unfamiliar

    34 minutes ago
  • ‘Vindictive politics’: SP hits out at BJP over ED raids on Azam Khan-linked locations

    39 minutes ago
  • Nearly 7 in 10 new EPFO subscribers are between 18–25 age group: Report

    45 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam