Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Nta Urges Neet Ug Candidates To Stay Calm Ignore Rumours Ahead Of Re Exam

NTA urges NEET-UG candidates to stay calm, ignore rumours ahead of re-exam

The National Testing Agency has confirmed that the NEET-UG re-examination will take place this Sunday, June 21, as scheduled. Urging candidates to ignore social media rumors, the NTA stated that robust safeguards are in place

By PTI
Updated On - 18 June 2026, 05:16 PM
NTA urges NEET-UG candidates to stay calm, ignore rumours ahead of re-exam
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

New Delhi: The National Testing Agency (NTA) on Thursday urged NEET-UG candidates to remain calm and focus on their preparation, asserting that extensive arrangements have been made to ensure a safe, secure and fair examination.

In a message on X, the agency said the re-examination will be conducted on Sunday as scheduled and asked candidates not to be swayed by rumours of postponement or by the “noise on social media”.


“Rely only on official communication from NTA,” it said.

“We want to reassure you that extensive arrangements are in place for a safe, secure and fair examination, in close coordination with relevant ministries, state governments and security agencies. The integrity of this process is our highest priority, and robust, multi-layered safeguards have been put in place,” it said.

The agency also warned against malpractice, saying, “Any attempt at malpractice will be dealt with firmly – because protecting honest, hardworking students is exactly what this is about.”

Referring to the cancellation of the original examination conducted on May 3, the NTA said the decision was taken in the interest of candidates and that lessons from the episode had been used to strengthen the examination process.

“The difficult decision taken on 3rd May was made solely in your interest. The moment a problem was identified, we acted to protect the fairness of the process for every sincere candidate. We have carried those lessons forward and strengthened the system further this time,” it said.

The NTA also highlighted the availability of mental health support for students facing examination-related stress.

“If the pressure feels heavy, please know you are not alone. The MANAS mental-health helpline (14416) is available, and support is there for anyone who needs it. Reaching out is a sign of strength,” the message said.

The NTA further appealed to parents, teachers and the wider community to help keep students calm and avoid sharing unverified information.

“Please help us keep our students calm. Avoid sharing unverified information. Let them walk into the examination with steady, untroubled minds,” it said.

Addressing candidates directly, the agency said, “The NEET UG 2026 examination is just three days away. Stay calm, rest well, and focus on doing your best. That is all that is asked of you.”

The NEET-UG for admissions into medical courses took place on May 3 this year but was cancelled by the NTA on May 12 amid allegations of a paper leak. The CBI is investigating this matter, and the retest is scheduled for June 21.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Exam Stress Management
  • MANAS helpline
  • Medical Entrance Test India
  • National Testing Agency

Related News

  • NEET: SC directs NTA to inform on steps taken to implement recommendations of Radhakrishnan panel

    NEET: SC directs NTA to inform on steps taken to implement recommendations of Radhakrishnan panel

  • Delhi court allows CBI further probe into NEET-UG paper leak case

    Delhi court allows CBI further probe into NEET-UG paper leak case

  • Delhi court takes cognisance of CBI charge sheet in NEET paper leak case

    Delhi court takes cognisance of CBI charge sheet in NEET paper leak case

  • Amit Shah asks Speaker to consult Opposition on NEET paper-leak debate, offers to answer questions

    Amit Shah asks Speaker to consult Opposition on NEET paper-leak debate, offers to answer questions

Latest News

  • Satwik-Chirag advance at BWF World Championships after Scottish pair withdraws

    3 minutes ago
  • Harish Rao accuses Congress government of suppressing licensed surveyors

    35 minutes ago
  • KT Rama Rao, Harish Rao condole death of Virahat Ali’s mother

    45 minutes ago
  • Dhruv Kapila-Tanisha Crasto advance to BWF World Championships third round

    46 minutes ago
  • Manav Suthar’s 6-55 helps India seal 165-run win over Sri Lanka in Galle Test

    1 hour ago
  • Sunita Ahuja arrives at Bandra Court amidst ugly spat with Govinda

    1 hour ago
  • PV Sindhu reveals Virat Kohli advice that changed her perspective during tough phase

    1 hour ago
  • Samantha Ruth Prabhu shares holiday moments with husband Raj Nidimoru

    1 hour ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam