Saturday, Aug 22, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Samajwadi Party Begins Collecting Proof Of Voter Deletion In Up Polls

Samajwadi Party begins collecting proof of voter deletion in UP polls

Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party (SP) has started the process of collecting evidence regarding the alleged deletion of voters’ names in the recent Assembly elections. The Election Commission of India (ECI) has asked SP president Akhilesh Yadav to “submit documentary proof” to substantiate his allegation about the deletion of voter names in 2022 UP Assembly polls. […]

By IANS
Published Date - 1 November 2022, 09:27 AM
Samajwadi Party begins collecting proof of voter deletion in UP polls
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party (SP) has started the process of collecting evidence regarding the alleged deletion of voters’ names in the recent Assembly elections.

The Election Commission of India (ECI) has asked SP president Akhilesh Yadav to “submit documentary proof” to substantiate his allegation about the deletion of voter names in 2022 UP Assembly polls.

Also Read

  • Free rations were BJP’s biggest vote getter in UP Assembly polls

The SP president has now asked all the party candidates (winners and losers) and district units’ top office-bearers to gather evidence of names that were ‘wrongfully struck off voters’ lists’.

They have been directed to compile photocopies of complaints made to returning officers at the time.
The party has set November 3 as the deadline for the candidates to submit the documents to the party headquarters so that they could be sent to the Election Commission in time.

A letter to this effect has been sent to all by SP state president Naresh Uttam Patel.

Patel’s letter also asks to collect affidavits from such voters whose names were wrongfully struck off the voters’ lists.

It may be recalled that on October 27, the EC had asked Akhilesh Yadav to submit proof to back up his charges by November 10.

Akhilesh hit back at the poll panel on October 28 and said, “Had the Election Commission itself followed the rules related to the voters’ list in the 2022 UP Assembly polls, then thousands of voters would not have been deprived of their vote.”

Last month, the SP chief had alleged that the names of 20,000 voters from the Yadav and Muslim communities had been deleted from almost all 403 Assembly constituencies ahead of the state elections in February-March.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Akhilesh Yadav
  • Samajwadi Party
  • UP Polls

Related News

  • ‘Vindictive politics’: SP hits out at BJP over ED raids on Azam Khan-linked locations

    ‘Vindictive politics’: SP hits out at BJP over ED raids on Azam Khan-linked locations

  • Health services dysfunctional under BJP govt: Akhilesh Yadav

    Health services dysfunctional under BJP govt: Akhilesh Yadav

  • UP CM Yogi claims Samajwadi Party blocked ‘Kanwar yatra’ before 2017

    UP CM Yogi claims Samajwadi Party blocked ‘Kanwar yatra’ before 2017

  • NEET row: Opposition targets BJP over ‘heroic’ reception to Dharmendra Pradhan

    NEET row: Opposition targets BJP over ‘heroic’ reception to Dharmendra Pradhan

Latest News

  • BJP targets Congress over Vande Mataram stanzas, announces nationwide campaign

    56 seconds ago
  • Two minors died in a road accident in Khammam

    2 minutes ago
  • BRS announces support to government employees’ protest

    5 minutes ago
  • When Priyanka Chopra revealed what she disliked about Bollywood’s fake culture

    13 minutes ago
  • Gautam Gambhir unfazed by criticism, says focus remains on winning trophies for India

    16 minutes ago
  • Vaarahi expands Hyderabad presence with new Vanasthalipuram stores

    31 minutes ago
  • AWPO Hyderabad conducts placement drive, 97 ex-servicemen provisionally selected

    33 minutes ago
  • ‘Shambolic’: Ben Stokes slams decision to leave Headingley out of 2027 Ashes

    36 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam