Sunday, Aug 23, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | News | Sc Aspirants Who Dropped Out Between Nov 5 18 2024 Eligible For Jee Advanced

SC: Aspirants who dropped out between Nov 5-18, 2024 eligible for JEE-Advanced

The order was passed while hearing the pleas against bringing down from three to two, the attempts given to JEE-Advanced aspirants

By Telangana Today
Updated On - 10 January 2025, 01:48 PM
SC: Aspirants who dropped out between Nov 5-18, 2024 eligible for JEE-Advanced
Supreme Court
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday allowed petitioners, who dropped out from their courses between November 5 and November 18, 2024, to register for Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)-Advanced.

A bench of Justices BR Gavai and Augustine George Masih passed the order while hearing the pleas against bringing down from three to two, the attempts given to JEE-Advanced aspirants. The apex court noted the joint admission board (JAB), entrusted to conduct the JEE-Advanced exam, had issued a press release on November 5 last year which said students who appeared for the class 12 examination in academic years 2023, 2024 and 2025 would be eligible to appear for the JEE-Advanced.


The bench further said on November 18, 2024, another press release was issued restricting the eligibility only to two academic years — 2024 and 2025.

“If the students, acting on the said representation (of November 5), have dropped from their course with an understanding that they would be entitled to appear for JEE examination, the withdrawal of the promise on November 18, 2024 cannot be permitted to act to their detriment,” the bench held.

Without observing on the merits of JAB’s decision, the top court said students who dropped out between November 5 and November 18, 2024 would be permitted to register for the test.

The top court was hearing two petitions, including one filed by 22 aspirants, challenging the reduction in the number of attempts available to aspirants for JEE-Advanced from three to two.

During the hearing, the counsel appearing for the petitioners said on account of the promise made in the November 5 2024 press release, they dropped out of colleges to pursue the test conducted for admission to the prestigious IITs.

Another plea, filed through advocate Sanjeet Kumar Trivedi, said the matter related to the process for admissions into the IITs and the JAB changed the eligibility criteria for students in an “arbitrary” manner.

“The JAB, vide its press release dated November 5, 2024, first fixed the permissible number of attempts for JEE-Advanced at three, only to change it abruptly vide another press release dated November 18, 2024, and thereby reducing the number of attempts to two,” the plea filed by an aspirant said.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • IIT
  • JEE Exam
  • Supreme Court

Related News

  • Supreme Court sets up panel to examine police excesses during Delhi student protests

    Supreme Court sets up panel to examine police excesses during Delhi student protests

  • Supreme Court seeks steps taken to reform NTA

    Supreme Court seeks steps taken to reform NTA

  • NEET: SC directs NTA to inform on steps taken to implement recommendations of Radhakrishnan panel

    NEET: SC directs NTA to inform on steps taken to implement recommendations of Radhakrishnan panel

  • Goa moves SC seeking life term for Tarun Tejpal in sexual assault case

    Goa moves SC seeking life term for Tarun Tejpal in sexual assault case

Latest News

  • Congress MLAs demand apology; Konda Surekha distances herself from daughter’s remarks

    3 hours ago
  • Rewind: The SIR Shake-up—how electoral rolls changed across States

    3 hours ago
  • Dozens abducted from mosque in Nigeria’s Niger state

    3 hours ago
  • Maha: Case filed against Abhijeet Dipke for allegedly entering Latur school

    3 hours ago
  • MV Ocean‑Winner cargo ship sinks off Odisha coast, rescue op underway

    4 hours ago
  • NIA raids 10 locations in J&K in cross-border terror probe

    4 hours ago
  • Drunk TSSP Constable thrashed for creating nuisance in Warangal

    4 hours ago
  • BJP slams Congress over Vande Mataram stance, vows to uphold national song’s honour

    4 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam