Thursday, May 21, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Sonali Phogat Case Goa Cm Pramod Sawant To Write To Shah For Cbi Probe

Sonali Phogat case: Goa CM Pramod Sawant to write to Shah for CBI probe

The demolition action against the restaurant began after its owner failed to get any respite from the National Green Tribunal (NGT).

By ANI
Published Date - 12 September 2022, 01:05 PM
Sonali Phogat case: Goa CM Pramod Sawant to write to Shah for CBI probe
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant on Monday said that he will write a letter to Union Home Minister Amit Shah requesting him to transfer the Sonali Phogat case to the Central Bureau of Investigation.
CM Sawant in a statement to the media stated that after the request of Sonali’s family members especially that of her daughter, the state will request Home Minister Amit Shah to hand over the probe in her case to the CBI.

Further, he said that he trusts the Goa Police and they are carrying out their best efforts in the investigation but the state will request transferring Sonali Phogat’s case to CBI because people demand it.
Earlier on Sunday, Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar said that the CBI would probe Sonali Phogat’s death if the family is not satisfied with the Goa police’s investigation.

Also Read

  • BJP likely to retain power in Goa
  • Pramod Sawant sworn-in as Goa Chief Minister; 8 ministers take oath 
  • Sonali Phogat case: Goa to send probe report to Haryana CM

While talking to media persons in Haryana, Khattar said, “We had asked for a CBI probe in writing but they’ve stated that first Goa would complete their own investigation and if the family is not satisfied with it, the investigation will be handed over to CBI.” Earlier today, a Khap Mahapanchayat was held in Hisar demanding a CBI inquiry into the death of Sonali Phogat. Amid the ongoing stir in Sonali Phogat’s death case, the police on Friday confirmed that the profile was being reviewed at senior levels and had said that a charge sheet will be filed on objective grounds.

“It is being reviewed at senior levels. We’re confident of filing a charge sheet on objective grounds after remand. Will ensure nothing is left out of the investigation,” North Goa SP Shobit Saxena had said.
He further stressed that the police of the western state have a zero-tolerance policy against illicit activities.

“Goa police has zero tolerance towards illicit drug-related activities, had recorded seizures of illegal drugs in past few years. Action to be taken against those who supply, consume, stock or allow their premises to be used for drug consumption,” he had added.

Meanwhile, the Supreme Court had stayed the demolition of Curlies restaurant in Goa soon after its demolition began on Friday subject to the condition that no commercial activities will take place there.
This was the same restaurant in Goa where BJP leader Sonali Phogat was allegedly drugged and was later declared dead.

The demolition action against the restaurant began after its owner failed to get any respite from the National Green Tribunal (NGT).

NGT had upheld the Goa Coastal Zone Management Authority’s previous order to demolish the shack. Sonali was pronounced dead on August 23 at the St Anthony Hospital in Anjuna, North Goa.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Amit Shah
  • National Green Tribunal
  • Pramod Sawant
  • Sonali Phogaat

Related News

  • Amit Shah says naxalism fully eradicated ahead of 2026 deadline

    Amit Shah says naxalism fully eradicated ahead of 2026 deadline

  • India ‘by and large’ free from three internal security threats: Amit Shah

    India ‘by and large’ free from three internal security threats: Amit Shah

  • Amit Shah launches next gen dial 112 service in Chhattisgarh

    Amit Shah launches next gen dial 112 service in Chhattisgarh

  • Amit Shah says poor town planning hurt growth of Indian cities

    Amit Shah says poor town planning hurt growth of Indian cities

Latest News

  • Top players seeded for Telangana State Senior Ranking Carrom Tournament in Hyderabad

    2 mins ago
  • Hyderabad gets its own viral flower-shaped gelato trend in Jubilee Hills

    18 mins ago
  • Sai Sudharsan reflects on form, partnership with Shubman Gill and IPL milestones

    38 mins ago
  • Congress leaders pay tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary at Veer Bhumi

    57 mins ago
  • Heatwave paralyses life in Adilabad region; temperatures touch 46.5 degrees Celsius

    1 hour ago
  • Heatwave tightens grip on Telangana; Khammam sizzles at 45 degree Celsius

    1 hour ago
  • Sensex, Nifty rise in early trade as easing oil prices lift global markets

    1 hour ago
  • Medak: Ryots stage protest day after farmer commits suicide at Ambajipet

    1 hour ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam