Kothagudem: Two hunters were electrocuted when they came in contact with live electric wire traps set up to kill wild animals in the forests in Mulakalapalli mandal in the district during wee hours on Tuesday.
The incident took place in the forests located in between Pusugudem and Madharam villages in the madal. The deceased were identified as Payam John Babu (23) and Kuram Durga Rao (40), both tribals, of Mogaralaguppa in Mukamamidi gram panchayat in the mandal, police informed.
It was said that the duo went into the forests to hunt animals and accidentally stepped on electric traps. Soon after suffering electric shock they managed to call their family members and inform them about the incident.
By the time, the family members reached John Babu died while Durga Rao was fighting for life, the latter died while being shifted to hospital. The local police booked a case in connection with the incident. Forest officials also launched a probe into the incident.