Two electrocuted in Mancherial, Asifabad

Shankar was electrocuted when he tried to catch fish using an electric wire in an agricultural well on the outskirts of the village.

By   |  Published: 6th May 2021  7:24 pm

Mancherial/Kumram Bheem Asifabad: In two separate incidents, two persons were electrocuted in Mancherial and Kumram Bheem Asifabad districts on Thursday.

In the first incident, the deceased was Ramtenki Shankar (53), a native of Komatichenu village in Kasipet mandal.

Shankar was electrocuted when he tried to catch fish using an electric wire in an agricultural well on the outskirts of the village. He was accompanied by his two friends, Sathish and Lingaiah, who alerted his family members. He is survived by wife, two sons and two daughters. His wife lodged a complaint with police. A case was registered against Sathis and Lingaiah.

In the meantime, Sunke Madhavi (30) died after coming into contact with electricity through an air cooler at her residence at Bhatpalli village in Kaghaznagar mandal. She has a husband and two children. Based on a complaint received from her husband, a case was registered.