Tuesday, Aug 18, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Cricket | Wi Players Breach Isolation Protocols In Nz Lose Training Privileges

WI players breach isolation protocols in NZ, lose training privileges

According to New Zealand Cricket, found some players of the West Indies team were found compromising the bubble integrity by mixing between two separate West Indies bubbles into which the touring party had been split

By IANS
Updated On - 11 November 2020, 12:44 PM
WI players breach isolation protocols in NZ, lose training privileges
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Christchurch: The West Indies men’s cricket team, currently in New Zealand, have been denied training privileges after some of the members “contravened protocols within the managed isolation facility”.

According to New Zealand Cricket, found some players of the West Indies team were found compromising the bubble integrity by mixing between two separate West Indies bubbles into which the touring party had been split, by sharing food and socialising in hallways.


As a result, all members of the West Indies touring party will now be unable to train for the remainder of the quarantine period and will have to complete their quarantine within the facility which ends on Friday.

“There is no evidence, or suggestion, that any members of the touring party left the facility, or that any unauthorised persons accessed the facility,” NZC said in a statement on Wednesday.

“NZC is supportive of the Ministry of Health and Government position. NZC will continue working with the West Indies team and management, and relevant Government agencies to ensure there is no repeat of these violations,” it added.

Members of the West Indies squad are on a 14-day quarantine period, who will be tested on Wednesday.

“The West Indies squad had their final Covid-19 tests today and, results permitting, are scheduled to leave managed isolation on Friday and travel to Queenstown ahead of two matches against New Zealand A,” NZC statement further read.

Meanwhile, Cricket West Indies has already begun an internal investigation into the reported incidents. “This morning, Cricket West Indies (CWI) was informed that some members of our New Zealand touring party had contravened the strict Covid-19 protocols within the team’s Managed Isolation Facility in Christchurch,” the board said in a statement.

“The New Zealand Ministry of Health has advised us that all members of the West Indies touring party will now be unable to train for the remainder of the quarantine period and will have to complete their quarantine within the Managed Isolation Facility only. CWI is in full support of the New Zealand Ministry of Health’s position,” it added.

West Indies and New Zealand are set to compete in three T20Is and two Test matches beginning November 27.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Christchurch
  • Corona Virus Deaths
  • Coronavirus
  • Coronavirus in India

Related News

  • KBR Park one-way traffic system triggers confusion, snarls in Hyderabad

    KBR Park one-way traffic system triggers confusion, snarls in Hyderabad

  • ACB catches GHMC town planning supervisor accepting Rs 20,000 bribe

    ACB catches GHMC town planning supervisor accepting Rs 20,000 bribe

  • Hyderabad: 26-year-old shopkeeper dies of electrocution in Balanagar

    Hyderabad: 26-year-old shopkeeper dies of electrocution in Balanagar

  • Several Tollywood celebrities give up voting rights in Hyderabad

    Several Tollywood celebrities give up voting rights in Hyderabad

Latest News

  • Farmers pushed to their limits in for irrigation water in Khammam

    13 minutes ago
  • Eight AP fishermen missing at sea since August 3, search operation underway

    14 minutes ago
  • KTR condemns removal of Peddi Sudarshan Reddy’s statue, calls it barbaric

    20 minutes ago
  • Satyendar Jain arrested at BJP’s behest, case will be proved fake: Kejriwal

    25 minutes ago
  • Telangana Employees Plan Protests on August 27, Mahadharna on September 10

    34 minutes ago
  • Former Delhi minister Satyendar Jain, ex-DJB CEO among six arrested in alleged tender scam

    38 minutes ago
  • Farmers stages protest over unscheduled power cuts in Jogipet

    48 minutes ago
  • Flight attendants, pilots face highest risk of radiation-related cancer deaths: Study

    57 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam