Saturday, May 23, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Daughter Granted Bail By Delhi Hc Amid Matrimonial Dispute

Man accused of sexually assaulting daughter granted bail by Delhi HC amid matrimonial dispute

The court pointed out the potential for the complainant to have influenced the minor girl's testimony due to her custody, thus casting doubt on the accused's involvement.

By IANS
Published Date - 16 August 2023, 07:46 PM
Man accused of sexually assaulting daughter granted bail by Delhi HC amid matrimonial dispute
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has granted bail to a man accused of sexually assaulting his daughter.

The court, however, took into consideration the ongoing matrimonial dispute between the girl’s parents and raised concerns about the possibility of false implication.

Also Read

  • Owaisi questions PM Modi regarding China border dispute
  • Asaduddin Owaisi vrooms on bike in Hyderabad

Justice Vikas Mahajan, presiding over the case, observed that the girl had been residing with her mother for over four years. He also noted a significant delay in the registration of the First Information Report (FIR).

The court noted that multiple cross FIRs had been filed by both the mother and father, with no mention of the alleged incidents of sexual assault in the earlier complaints.

While acknowledging the seriousness of the allegations, the court said that it could not ignore the context of the matrimonial dispute.

The court pointed out the potential for the complainant to have influenced the minor girl’s testimony due to her custody, thus casting doubt on the accused’s involvement.

The petitioner, the father in this case, had claimed marital discord with his wife and had said that their daughter, aged around 15, was living with her mother, while their minor son, aged 10, was in his custody.

He alleged that his wife was living with a police officer who was aiding her in filing baseless complaints against him.

The petitioner was sent to judicial custody after he was arrested on February 21. The court noted that the alleged incidents had occurred between 2019 and 2022, yet the complaint was only lodged in 2023, indicating a substantial delay in filing the FIR.

While stressing the purpose of custody as ensuring the accused’s availability for trial rather than being punitive, the court said that the conclusion of the trial might take a considerable amount of time.

Hence, the court granted bail to the petitioner under certain conditions, including a personal bond and the requirement not to contact the alleged victim or witnesses.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Delhi HC

Related News

  • Delhi HC pulls up WFI over decision to declare Vinesh Phogat ineligible

    Delhi HC pulls up WFI over decision to declare Vinesh Phogat ineligible

  • Delhi High Court grants temporary relief to Rajpal Yadav in cheque cases

    Delhi High Court grants temporary relief to Rajpal Yadav in cheque cases

  • Unnao rape case: Plea in Supreme Court challenges Sengar’s bail

    Unnao rape case: Plea in Supreme Court challenges Sengar’s bail

  • Delhi High Court refuses PIL seeking 4 times compensation for IndiGo flight cancellations

    Delhi High Court refuses PIL seeking 4 times compensation for IndiGo flight cancellations

Latest News

  • Tulsi Gabbard steps down as US Intelligence chief

    2 hours ago
  • Maintain peace and do not get anxious, Mahesh Kumar Goud appeals to Congress party cadre

    2 hours ago
  • Priest father-son duo die by suicide in Jangaon

    2 hours ago
  • Twisha Sharma case: Husband surrenders, Madhya Pradesh HC orders second autopsy

    2 hours ago
  • Pulwama mastermind’s father says son ‘got what he deserved’

    2 hours ago
  • Sexual harassment case: NCW directs separate PoSH committees across TCS offices

    2 hours ago
  • Tesla to open sales and service centre in Hyderabad

    3 hours ago
  • Opinion: India’s diplomacy needs a new strategic playbook

    3 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam