Thursday, Aug 20, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | News | Massive Military Complex Under Trumps Pet Ballroom Project At White House

Massive military complex under Trump’s pet ballroom project at White House

In Washington, DC, Donald Trump said the US military is building underground facilities beneath a new White House ballroom. The project, featuring enhanced security, has drawn criticism over transparency, scale, and lack of Congressional oversight

By PTI
Published Date - 31 March 2026, 01:56 PM
Massive military complex under Trump’s pet ballroom project at White House
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Washington: The US military is building a massive complex under a privately funded ballroom being built in the White House, a move that has run foul with President Donald Trump’s detractors.

The underground facilities at the White House include a Presidential Emergency Operations Centre (PEOC) which dates back to the Second World War. This facility has been upgraded at regular intervals.


“The military is building a massive complex under the ballroom… that’s under construction,” Trump told reporters late Sunday evening onboard Air Force One while returning to the national capital from his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.

Trump said the new ballroom will have a range of security features such as bulletproof glass and drone-resistant design. It will host international dignitaries and major events, including the inauguration of a new president.

CNN had reported in January that the existing PEOC had been “dismantled” during Trump’s East Wing demolition and that a new, modernised facility was in the works.

“I cannot tell you more about that, actually, as a matter of fact. However, the military is making some upgrades to their facilities here at the White House, and I’m not privy to provide any more details on that at this time,” White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt told reporters during a media briefing here on Monday.

Trump’s ballroom project has been under a cloud of criticism with experts claiming that the works will carry out significant changes to the White House precincts without appropriate Congressional oversight or public scrutiny.

Trump said the ballroom would incorporate high-end architectural elements, including hand-carved columns. “They’ll be Corinthian, which is considered the best, most beautiful by far,” he said.

Reports suggested that the classified nature of the underground project has made it skip approval by the National Capital Planning Commission (NCPC).

According to CNN, White House official Joshua Fisher told the NCPC that the overall project would boost “mission-critical functionality,” make “necessary security enhancements,” and create “resilient, adaptive infrastructure” for future needs.

The NCPC, at its meeting on March 5, heard a presentation on preliminary and final site and building plans for the East Wing Modernisation Project submitted by the Executive Residence at the White House.

“Following the presentation by NCPC staff and the project design team, Commissioners asked questions and heard testimony from members of the public,” the NCPC said on its website.

The NCPC said it would take action on the project at its meeting on April 2 and made it clear that there will be no public testimony during the deliberations.

The design has been criticised by architects and preservationists, who say that the 90,000-square-foot ballroom is too large and will overshadow the 55,000-square-foot White House.

Earlier this month, the Trump administration also sent a proposal to the NCPC for a 33,000-square-foot screening facility for White House visitors below Sherman Park.

The National Trust for Historic Preservation has moved court to stop the project and the case is expected to be taken up this week.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Donald Trump
  • US military
  • Washington DC
  • White House

Related News

  • Tech leaders rally behind Trump’s crypto push

    Tech leaders rally behind Trump’s crypto push

  • Russian missile barrage kills at least 6 in Kyiv, injures 33

    Russian missile barrage kills at least 6 in Kyiv, injures 33

  • Trump warns Iran of ‘very Draconian sanctions’

    Trump warns Iran of ‘very Draconian sanctions’

  • Baloch leader urges Trump to act over Pakistan airstrikes in Balochistan

    Baloch leader urges Trump to act over Pakistan airstrikes in Balochistan

Latest News

  • Raidurg Metro traffic woes persist as road widening awaits

    2 minutes ago
  • Hyderabad police counsel 1,022 youngsters during week-long Operation Chabutra

    9 minutes ago
  • HMDA to auction 35 residential plots in Bachupally on September 2

    2 minutes ago
  • BRS cadres slam govt for delaying road work in Asifabad

    17 minutes ago
  • HIMTEX 2026 begins in Hyderabad with focus on advanced manufacturing technologies

    23 minutes ago
  • Premsagar Rao’s close aide unveils Venkata Swamy statue in Mancherial

    32 minutes ago
  • Mandaviya calls for nationwide sports talent hunt roadmap for 2036 Olympics

    5 minutes ago
  • Despite cases, diversion of CMR paddy continues unabated in Telangana

    39 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam