SSC Public Exams in Telangana from May 17

The schools were asked to organise regular health check-up of students.

By   |  Published: 23rd Jan 2021  2:06 pmUpdated: 23rd Jan 2021  2:11 pm
Representational Image

Hyderabad: The SSC Public Examinations will be conducted in Telangana from May 17 to 26. An academic calendar for 2020-21 of the School Education department has been approved by the State government on Saturday.

Schools, which will reopen for Classes IX and X on February 1, will have 89 working days with the last working day on May 26. Students will have a summer vacation from May 27 to June 13.

According to the academic calendar, the Formative Assessment 1 (FA1) should be done by March 15 and FA2 by April 15. The summative assessment will be done from May 7 to 13.

Students will have project-work and assignments up to 30 per cent of the syllabus to be completed at home under the guidance of teachers and parents. This syllabus will not be part of internal assessments and year-end summative assessment/board examinations. The remaining up to 70 per cent syllabus will be taught in schools by teachers and online also.

A total of 204 working days including 115 days from September 1, 2020 to January 30, 2021 (online/digital classes) and 89 days from February 1 to May 26 (offline and online classes) have been calculated by the department for the academic year 2020-21.

As per the calendar, attendance is not mandatory and schools should depend entirely on written consent from parents. Students willing to study from home with the consent of the parent may be allowed to do so, it said.

“Every child who is willing to write the relevant exam shall be allowed to do so without insisting on minimum attendance and no such child will be withheld from writing the examinations on any grounds,” reads the academic calendar.

The schools will operate from 9.30 am to 4.45 pm in the districts while in the case of Hyderabad and Secunderabad, the timings are 8.45 am to 4 pm. Online/digital classes for Class X will be held from 10 am to 11 am and for Class IX, 4 pm to 5 pm.

The schools were asked to organise regular health check-up of students. The headmasters were instructed to keep phone numbers of the nearest primary health centre/any other reliable medical facility, which can be contacted for medical aid/emergency. They were also instructed to arrange isolation rooms for staff/students having symptoms of the Covid-19.

“In case, the child has symptoms of Covid-19, the parents should be contacted and transport should be arranged to send the child back to their residence with a proper escort,” it read.

According to the calendar, SMC and parents’ meetings must be conducted before reopening of the schools to create awareness on Covid-19, immunity development, mental health & hygiene, physical distancing and also on precautions to be taken after reopening of the schools and downloading of Aarogya Setu App.


Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.
Click to follow Telangana Today Facebook page and Twitter .