Suryapet: Two persons were electrocuted at Ramapuram of Mellachruvu mandal in the district on Sunday evening when they came in contact with a live wire at an agriculture field.
The victims were identified as Paleti Ramu (32), a farmer, and Kotte Gopi (23), a private electrician, both natives of Ramapuram village.
According to the police, Ramu purchased a new pump set and took the help of Gopi to install it at his borewell in his agriculture field on Saturday. Later, Ramu found the service wire connected to the pump set from the electrical pole had loosened and disconnected. Ramu and Gopi then tried to fix the service wire without switching off the transformer that led to the tragic incident. Both of them died on the spot.
Mellacheruvu police filed a case and shifted the bodies to Huzurnagar area hospital for autopsy.
Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.