Thursday, Aug 20, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | World | Accused Bondi Terror Attack Perpetrator Makes 1st Court Appearance

 Accused Bondi terror attack perpetrator makes 1st court appearance

Accused perpetrator Naveed Akram appeared in a Sydney court today, February 16, 2026, via videolink from Goulburn Supermax prison. Charged with 59 offences, including 15 counts of murder and terrorism, Akram remains in custody following the deadly December 2025 Bondi Beach shooting.

By IANS
Published Date - 16 February 2026, 01:17 PM
 Accused Bondi terror attack perpetrator makes 1st court appearance
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Sydney: Accused Bondi Beach terror attack perpetrator Naveed Akram made his first appearance in a Sydney court on Monday after being charged with 59 offences over the fatal mass shooting.

Akram appeared on Monday morning via videolink from a supermax prison where he has been held since being discharged from the hospital in the wake of the attack on December 14, 2025. The 24-year-old was charged with 59 offences, including 15 counts of murder and one count of committing a terrorist act, in relation to the attack.


Authorities allege that Akram and his father, Sajid, who was shot dead by police at the scene of the attack, opened fire on a Jewish celebration at the iconic eastern Sydney beach using rifles and shotguns, killing 15 people and injuring dozens more. Court documents made public in December 2025 revealed that police found evidence that the two attackers had conducted firearms training at a rural property before the attack.

Local media reported that Akram was mostly silent during Monday’s administrative hearing and only spoke when directly addressed by the presiding Magistrate.

Speaking outside the court, his lawyer Ben Archbold said that it was too early to say what plea his client would enter. The case will return to court in April.

Meanwhile, earlier this month, Mike Burgess, director-general of security of the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO), told a Senate hearing that demonstrated high levels of awareness to hide their plans. That law enforcement and intelligence agencies did not know that the perpetrators of the Bondi attack were planning anything prior to the fatal mass shooting on December 14.

“It appears the alleged terrorists demonstrated a high level of security awareness to hide their plot. In simple terms, they went dark to stay off the radar,” he said. Fifteen people were killed in the attack, which targeted an event celebrating the Jewish festival of Hanukkah, making it Australia’s most deadly mass shooting since 1996.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Australian Terrorism
  • Bondi Beach Terror Attack
  • Hanukkah Shooting
  • Naveed Akram

Related News

  • Wanted to get attacker down: Indian-origin man who helped restrain Australia’s Bondi Beach shooter

    Wanted to get attacker down: Indian-origin man who helped restrain Australia’s Bondi Beach shooter

Latest News

  • Malkajgiri Municipal Corporation to implement ‘free left’ lanes at six stretches to ease traffic

    1 minute ago
  • Telangana launches online complaint system for private schools

    17 minutes ago
  • Treesa-Gayatri credit home crowd after reaching BWF World Championships quarterfinals

    29 minutes ago
  • KBR Park traffic loop leaves pedestrians struggling with missing footpaths, crossings

    30 minutes ago
  • AP Rajya Sabha MP’s son arrested in Hyderabad accident death case

    31 minutes ago
  • Polytechnic education faces crisis in Telangana over proposed shift to Skills University

    35 minutes ago
  • PV Sindhu’s World Championships medal hopes end after loss to Wang Zhi Yi

    37 minutes ago
  • After stunning Shi Yuqi, Ayush Shetty exits BWF Worlds and turns attention to Asiad

    44 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam