Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Entertainment | Anil Kapoor Apologises After Iaf Raises Objection To Ak Vs Ak

Anil Kapoor apologises after IAF raises objection to ‘AK vs AK’

The film is directed by Vikramaditya Motwane, and slated to release on December 24

By IANS
Published Date - 9 December 2020, 07:55 PM
Anil Kapoor apologises after IAF raises objection to ‘AK vs AK’
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Mumbai: Actor Anil Kapoor has apologised for unintentionally hurting sentiments of the Indian Air Force (IAF) after the organisation raised objection to certain scenes featuring the actor in his upcoming OTT film, AK vs AK.

Earlier in the day, the IAF took to Twitter to express displeasure over Kapoor wearing a wrong uniform and using abusive language in the film, urging the streaming platform Netflix to remove the scenes with the discrepancies.


Kapoor tweeted a video to apologise and explain his stance on the matter.”It has come to my attention that the trailer of my new film ‘AK vs AK’ has offended some people. As I am wearing the Indian Air Force Uniform while using unparliamentary language, I would like to sincerely offer my humble apologies for unintentionally hurting sentiments,” he said in the video message.

@IAF_MCC pic.twitter.com/rGjZcD9bCT

— Anil Kapoor (@AnilKapoor) December 9, 2020

The actor continued: “I would like to supply some context to hopefully help you understand how things came to me this way. My character is in uniform in the film because he is an actor playing the role of an officer. When he finds out that his daughter has been kidnapped the anger and rage he portrays is that of an emotionally distraught father. It was only in the interest of remaining true to the story that my character is still wearing the uniform on his quest to find his missing daughter.

“It was never my intent or the intent of the filmmaker to disrespect the Indian Air Force. I have always had utmost respect and gratitude for the selfless service of all our defence personnel and therefore I truly apologise for unintentionally hurting anyone’s sentiment,” he added.
Netflix has also issued a statement on the matter.

“Hon. @IAF_MCC, our intention would never be to disrespect the Armed Forces of India in any regard. AK Vs. AK is a film in which Anil Kapoor and his co-stars are playing themselves as actors. At no point does the film represent the Indian Air Force or our Armed Forces. We have nothing but the highest respect for the brave people protecting our nation,” read a post on Netflix India’s official Twitter handle.

Earlier in the day, the official Twitter handle of IAF stated: “The IAF uniform in this video is inaccurately donned & the language used is inappropriate. This does not conform to the behavioural norms of those in the Armed Forces of India. The related scenes need to be withdrawn. @NetflixIndia @anuragkashyap72 #AkvsAk.”

The tweet was a response to Anil’s post where he unveiled the trailer. “No more fooling the audience please. As promised, the REAL narrative of #AKvsAK from the REAL AK,” he tweeted while sharing the trailer.

In the film, Anil will be seen playing himself, and not an airforce officer. As far as the uniform is concerned, “AK vs AK” is a film shot within a film — something which was highlighted in the trailer as well. The trailer shows Anil shooting for another project in the costume when Anurag stepped in his vanity van, and says “I want to narrate a script to you.”The film is directed by Vikramaditya Motwane, and slated to release on December 24.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • AK vs AK
  • Anil Kapoor
  • Hyderabad
  • Hyderabad News

Related News

  • Harikrishna bags double at Gujarati Seva Mandal seniors table tennis tournament

    Harikrishna bags double at Gujarati Seva Mandal seniors table tennis tournament

  • Hyderabad court convicts 33 persons in POCSO and PITA case

    Hyderabad court convicts 33 persons in POCSO and PITA case

  • Sanjeevaiah Park to host daily laser, water screen and musical fountain shows

    Sanjeevaiah Park to host daily laser, water screen and musical fountain shows

  • BRS seeks probe into suspected bogus votes registered in Hyderabad during SIR

    BRS seeks probe into suspected bogus votes registered in Hyderabad during SIR

Latest News

  • High Court questions State’s priorities on welfare schemes, land losers’ compensation

    26 minutes ago
  • Telangana HC says interim bail permissible under BNSS, directs trial court to reconsider

    53 minutes ago
  • Stanley College holds orientation for first‑year engineering students in Hyderabad

    1 hour ago
  • Trader held for diverting PDS rice in Adilabad

    1 hour ago
  • Konda Surekha served notice over daughter’s remarks against MLA Revuri

    2 hours ago
  • Sreenidhi University welcomes next generation of innovators

    2 hours ago
  • Phenom to expand India footprint, create 2,000 jobs in Telangana

    2 hours ago
  • Khethworks opens Hyderabad office to boost solar irrigation solutions for small farmers

    2 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam