Saturday, Aug 22, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | World | Extending 1st Phase Of Gaza Ceasefire Unacceptable Hamas

Extending 1st phase of Gaza ceasefire ‘unacceptable’: Hamas

The extension of the first phase as proposed by the occupation is unacceptable to us, and the mediators and guarantor countries are required to oblige the occupation to abide by the agreement in its various stages: Qassem

By IANS
Published Date - 2 March 2025, 09:00 AM
Extending 1st phase of Gaza ceasefire ‘unacceptable’: Hamas
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Gaza: The Israeli proposal of extending the first phase of the Gaza ceasefire agreement is “unacceptable,” Hamas said.

“The extension of the first phase as proposed by the occupation is unacceptable to us, and the mediators and guarantor countries are required to oblige the occupation to abide by the agreement in its various stages,” Hamas spokesman Hazem Qassem said in a statement on Saturday.


“The occupation is trying to bring things back to zero point by shuffling the cards and proposing the extension of the first phase,” Qassem said, noting that the extension aims to recover Israeli hostages “with the possibility of resuming the aggression on the Gaza Strip, which is contrary to the text of the agreement.”

Qassem said there were still no negotiations with Hamas regarding the second phase of the agreement, accusing Israel of “evading the commitment to end the war and withdraw completely from Gaza.”

On Friday, an informed Egyptian security source told Xinhua that an Israeli delegation proposed in Cairo extending the first phase of the Gaza ceasefire agreement for an additional 42 days. Earlier on Saturday, the 42-day initial phase of the three-stage agreement between Hamas and Israel expired, with no breakthrough announced for its next phase.

Earlier Hamas has handed over four bodies of Israeli hostages to the Red Cross in Gaza, according to an Israeli security official. The release comes days before the first phase of their ceasefire will end.

Israel had delayed the release of more than 600 Palestinian prisoners since Saturday to protest what it called the cruel treatment of hostages during their handover by Hamas. The militant group called the delay a “serious violation” of the ceasefire and said talks on a second phase are not possible until the Palestinians are freed.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Gaza
  • Gaza ceasefire agreement
  • Hamas
  • Hamas-Israel

Related News

  • Pakistan SC orders shifting of Imran Khan to private hospital for medical checkup

    Pakistan SC orders shifting of Imran Khan to private hospital for medical checkup

  • Trump says US will claim Strait of Hormuz after defeating Iran

    Trump says US will claim Strait of Hormuz after defeating Iran

  • Chinese Long March 7A rocket explodes after launch, destroys satellite

    Chinese Long March 7A rocket explodes after launch, destroys satellite

  • Australia’s H5N1 bird flu cases cross 200-mark

    Australia’s H5N1 bird flu cases cross 200-mark

Latest News

  • BJP slams Congress over Vande Mataram stance, vows to uphold national song’s honour

    26 seconds ago
  • In Pune, Rahul Gandhi engages Gen-Z, challenges ‘Manusmriti’’s view of women

    16 minutes ago
  • Manikonda residents hold walkathon, seek widening of 40‑ft road

    31 minutes ago
  • Chandanagar SI, Constable held in bribery case

    45 minutes ago
  • Govt teacher found dead in stream in Nirmal

    55 minutes ago
  • Kothagudem: Rudrampur GP launches drive against liquor belt shops, seeks excise action

    1 hour ago
  • Congress govt resorting to land grab under prohibited lands list: Ex-Minister Puvvada

    2 hours ago
  • Hakimpet Grama Sabha: Farmers protest pending compensation, police action

    2 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam