Wednesday, May 20, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Cricket | Permission Denied For Cricket Match At Chinnaswamy Stadium

Permission denied for cricket match at Chinnaswamy Stadium

Bengaluru police denied permission to hold the Vijay Hazare Trophy match at Chinnaswamy Stadium on December 24, citing safety concerns after the June stampede. The game will now be played at the BCCI Centre of Excellence near Kempegowda International Airport

By PTI
Published Date - 24 December 2025, 01:14 AM
Permission denied for cricket match at Chinnaswamy Stadium
Chinnaswamy Stadium
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Bengaluru: Bengaluru Police Commissioner Seemanth Kumar Singh on Tuesday said that permission has been denied to hold the Vijay Hazare Trophy match at the city’s Chinnaswamy Stadium on December 24.

The Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) had sought permission to hold the match without spectators. State Home Minister G Parameshwara had constituted a committee to examine the request, and the panel visited the stadium on Monday.


Matches at the Chinnaswamy Stadium were stopped after a stampede outside during Royal Challengers Bengaluru’s IPL victory celebration on June 4, in which 11 people died. The match will now be played at the BCCI Centre of Excellence near Kempegowda International Airport, according to official sources.

“There may be some confusion among you (media) whether there is permission to hold a cricket match or not at Chinnaswamy Stadium. There is no need for confusion. Based on the committee’s recommendation, permission has been rejected. So there is no match there tomorrow,” Singh told reporters.

The committee, headed by the Greater Bengaluru Authority (GBA) commissioner, included the police commissioner and officials from the PWD, Fire, Health departments and Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM).

GBA Commissioner Maheshwar Rao said the committee, after detailed verification, would submit a report to the government, which will decide how to publish it.

On Monday, the Home Minister held a meeting with KSCA office bearers, senior officials and police officers at Vidhana Soudha regarding matches at the stadium, and asked the panel to provide feedback. Parameshwara noted that Bengaluru City Police Commissioner had already written to KSCA stating that it was necessary to follow 17-point safety recommendations.

Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said permissions for matches at the stadium will be subject to KSCA complying with safety and security requirements recommended in the Justice John Michael Cunha Commission report. “If it is complied with, permission will be given,” he said.

The Justice Cunha Commission, which investigated the June 4 stampede, reportedly concluded that the “design and structure” of the stadium were “unsuitable and unsafe” for mass gatherings. It recommended adequate gates for entry and exit, queuing zones separated from public roads, emergency evacuation plans compliant with international norms, and sufficient parking.

Deputy Chief Minister D K Shivakumar, speaking in New Delhi, said he was not aware of the decision to deny permission. “I am in favour of holding cricket matches in Bengaluru and protecting its pride. Matches should be allowed with necessary conditions. The CM too is not against holding matches, but wants security issues to be taken into account,” he said.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Bengaluru Police commissioner
  • Chinnaswamy Stadium
  • Karnataka State Cricket Association
  • Royal Challengers

Related News

  • RCB beat Sunrisers Hyderabad in IPL 2026 opener

    RCB beat Sunrisers Hyderabad in IPL 2026 opener

  • Vidarbha clinch maiden Vijay Hazare Trophy with win over Saurashtra

    Vidarbha clinch maiden Vijay Hazare Trophy with win over Saurashtra

  • Jadeja’s unbeaten 165 guides Saurashtra past Punjab into Vijay Hazare Trophy final

    Jadeja’s unbeaten 165 guides Saurashtra past Punjab into Vijay Hazare Trophy final

  • Sarfaraz Khan hits fastest List A fifty by an Indian

    Sarfaraz Khan hits fastest List A fifty by an Indian

Latest News

  • Rs 70 crore money laundering case: ED gets ‘godman’ Ashok Kharat’s custody till May 26

    54 seconds ago
  • Nara Lokesh felicitates archer Jyothi Surekha Vennam ahead of Asian Games

    7 mins ago
  • ‘PRAGATI 2026’: 12 countries join multinational military exercise in Meghalaya

    10 mins ago
  • SC refuses to entertain PIL for protection, audit of Sikh religious properties

    8 mins ago
  • Telangana reels under heatwave as Adilabad touches 44.8 degrees Celsius; Hyderabad also sizzles

    32 mins ago
  • Twisha Sharma case: Magistrate to hear plea for 2nd autopsy today

    42 mins ago
  • PM Modi gifts ‘Melody’ to Giorgia Meloni, revives viral ‘Melodi’ moment

    53 mins ago
  • Rajasthan: Panther beaten to death by villagers in Bharatpur; probe underway

    1 hour ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam