Friday, Aug 21, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Telangana | Sangareddys Addl Collector Pushes For Early Declaration Of Deaths For 8 Missing Workers In Sigachi Blast

Sangareddy’s Addl Collector pushes for early declaration of deaths for 8 missing workers in Sigachi blast

The Additional Collector noted that the debris at the site had been combed four times over ten days, involving 100 to 150 personnel each day.

By Telangana Today
Published Date - 10 July 2025, 01:14 AM
Sangareddy’s Addl Collector pushes for early declaration of deaths for 8 missing workers in Sigachi blast
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Sangareddy: The Additional Collector B Chandrashekar on Wednesday said the administration would request the State and Central governments to expedite the process of officially declaring the deaths of the eight workers missing since the Sigachi Industries explosion, citing the exceptional nature of the disaster.

Under normal circumstances, a person can be declared legally dead only seven years after going missing. However, Chandrashekar stated that given the rare intensity and circumstances of the blast, the district administration would formally write to both governments seeking relaxation of the rule.

Also Read

  • Telangana won’t surrender water rights even if God stands in the way: Revanth Reddy

Speaking to reporters after handing over cheques of Rs. 15 lakh each to the families of the eight missing workers at the Pashamylaram industrial area, Chandrashekar said a few more human remains recovered on Tuesday and Wednesday from the blast site had been sent to the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) for further DNA analysis. The debris combing operation would continue for a few more days, he added.

In addition to the compensation cheques, officials also handed over Rs.10,000 in cash to each family to assist with travel to their native places.

The Additional Collector noted that the debris at the site had been combed four times over ten days, involving 100 to 150 personnel each day. Based on biometric records, authorities confirmed that 143 workers were on duty at the time of the explosion.

He also assured that families who still wished to remain at the rehabilitation centre would be permitted to do so.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • DNA test
  • Missing workers
  • Pashamylaram explosion
  • Sigachi blast

Related News

  • I wake up in midnight as blast sound still ringing in my ears: Sigachi blast survivor recalls harrowing day

    I wake up in midnight as blast sound still ringing in my ears: Sigachi blast survivor recalls harrowing day

  • CITU demands immediate release of compensation to victims of Sigachi blast

    CITU demands immediate release of compensation to victims of Sigachi blast

  • Civil society demands Telangana govt attach Sigachi assets for compensation

    Civil society demands Telangana govt attach Sigachi assets for compensation

  • BRS to hold protest on June 30 over Sigachi blast victims’ compensation

    BRS to hold protest on June 30 over Sigachi blast victims’ compensation

Latest News

  • Aisha Wahab becomes first Afghan-American elected to US Congress

    5 minutes ago
  • Charter plane carrying eight crashes in western Alaska

    19 minutes ago
  • NTA defends Rs 200 answer key challenge fee, says it benefits all candidates

    7 hours ago
  • Magnitude 6.7 earthquake strikes southern Peru; no damage reported

    8 hours ago
  • Iran accuses US of ‘economic war’ as Trump threatens tougher sanctions

    8 hours ago
  • Opinion: Section 22-A and Right to Property

    9 hours ago
  • Houthis claim drone attacks on Saudi airport, Aramco facility

    8 hours ago
  • Editorial: Trump’s tariff tantrums fail to dent India’s exports

    10 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam