-
Uttarakhand’s Chardham Yatra has attracted over 47 lakh pilgrims in 114 days, exceeding last year’s figures despite monsoon challenges. With authorities prioritising safety and regulating movement during adverse weather, the pilgrimage is on track to set a new annual record
-
Authorities have set up health screening camps and OPDs along the Char Dham Yatra route, including Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath, to monitor pilgrims’ health, especially older travellers, and ensure safe passage through the high-altitude journey
-
The Char Dham Yatra is a sacred Hindu pilgrimage linking Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath. Rooted in history and revived by Adi Shankaracharya, it continues to reflect India’s spiritual heritage, cultural unity and enduring traditions across generations
-
Kedarnath Temple opens, followed by Badrinath Temple, marking full start of Char Dham Yatra 2026. With Gangotri and Yamunotri already open, lakhs of devotees arrive as authorities ensure safety, registration, and facilities
-
The Char Dham Yatra has begun with the opening of Yamunotri and Gangotri, following a traditional clockwise route. Devotees embark on a spiritually significant journey through Kedarnath and Badrinath, with lakhs registering this year
-
The Char Dham Yatra began with the opening of Gangotri Temple and Yamunotri Temple on Akshaya Tritiya. CM Pushkar Singh Dhami assured smooth arrangements as new entry rules and restrictions sparked attention
-
The temporary suspension had been imposed on Sunday as a precautionary measure to protect the lives and property of pilgrims and residents amid severe weather
-
The move has been made to safeguard the lives and property of thousands of pilgrims and residents amid deteriorating weather conditions in the region
-
On April 10, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami said that the state government is dedicated to ensuring the safety of Char Dham Yatra pilgrims, as this pilgrimage is vital for the state's economy.
-
The ceremonial launch began with traditional prayers and rituals, symbolising the official start of a pilgrimage that will now continue throughout the year, marking a significant milestone in the state’s cultural and economic journey
-
According to the police, numerous commuters, including tourists and locals, are stranded on both sides of the highway.
-
Announcing this here on Thursday, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Tirath Singh Rawat said conducting the yatra amid the raging pandemic is not possible.
-
Siddipet: Not many Lord Shiva devotees would get an opportunity to go on the tour of Chardham due to different reasons. However, Siddipet Dharmika Seva Samithi has created a setting of Chardham at Government Degree College grounds in Siddipet town to provide the devotees with an opportunity to have a glimpse of these temples. People […]
-
The 900-km Chardham highway project will provide all-weather connectivity to four holy towns in Uttarakhand -- Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath