Mahabubabad: In a tragic incident, two farmers died after they had accidentally come into contact with a GI wire that was touched to a damaged electric wire at Bhojya Thanda on the outskirts of the Thorrur town in the district on Saturday.
The deceased were identified as Bhukya Sudhakar (28) and Malothu Yakub (40) of the same village. It is learnt that the Yakub was trying to pull the electric service wire that was hanging loose and sought the help of Sudhakar who was working in his land which is abutting Yakub’s land. Unfortunately, both of them died on the spot due to electrocution.
While Yakub is survived by his wife and four children, Sudhakar is survived by his wife and two children. Thorrur police have registered a case and shifted the bodies to the Mahabubabad area government hospital for autopsy. Meanwhile, relatives alleged that the TRANSCO officials had not responded to pleas to sanction poles to supply the power at Yakub’s fields.
One killed in Khammam
Khammam: A 59-year-old farmer, Kanakala Jamalaiah died of electrocution at his farm at Thalluru Venkatapuram village of Kallur mandal in the district on Saturday. He accidentally came in contact with live electric wires when he was removing garbage at an electric transformer at his agriculture field and died on the spot, informed the police.
Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.