Friday, Aug 21, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | World | Us Police Releases Image Of Man Involved In Lewiston Mass Shooting Death Toll Jumps To 22

US: Police releases image of man involved in Lewiston mass shooting, death toll jumps to 22

Lewiston, Maine Police Department have released a picture of the 'suspect' involved in the mass shooting that has left nearly 22 dead and over 50 injured

By ANI
Published Date - 26 October 2023, 09:30 AM
US: Police releases image of man involved in Lewiston mass shooting, death toll jumps to 22
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Maine: The Lewiston, Maine Police Department have released a picture of the ‘suspect’ involved in the mass shooting that has left nearly 22 dead and over 50 injured.

According to the Police, “Law Enforcement is attempting to locate Robert Card 4/4/1983, as a person of interest regarding the mass shooting at Schemengees Bar and Sparetime Recreation this evening. The suspect, Card should be considered armed and dangerous. Please contact law enforcement if you are aware of his whereabouts.” The Lewiston police said they were dealing with an active shooter situation at two businesses.

Also Read

  • US: At least 16 killed, over 50 wounded in mass shooting in Maine

The suspect is not yet in custody and an active manhunt is underway. Androscoggin County Sheriff’s Office shared a photo of the alleged gunman on Facebook Wednesday evening, asking for identification help via messenger or email.

The sheriff’s office released images of a “suspect for identification.” The person was seen holding a high-powered assault-style rifle.
Maine’s Governor Janet Mills posted on X that she was aware of the situation and urging “all people in the area to follow the direction of State and local enforcement. I will continue to monitor the situation and remain in close contact with public safety officials.

“We are encouraging all businesses to lock down and or close while we investigate,” the Androscoggin County Sheriff’s Office said earlier Wednesday evening.

To control the ongoing situation, the Boston Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has started coordinating with the Maine police and authorities and also showed its support to assist with any needed resources.

FBI added, “We continue to urge the public to remain vigilant and report any and all suspicious activity and/or individuals to law enforcement immediately. As this situation is still very fluid, we have no further comment at this time and will refer you to the Maine State Police.”

Earlier, the Maine state police also posted on X, “There is an active shooter in Lewiston. We ask people to shelter in place. Please stay inside your home with the doors locked. Law enforcement is currently investigating at multiple locations. If you see any suspicious activity or individuals, please call 911.”

Meanwhile, US President Joe Biden was briefed on what’s known so far about the mass shooting in Lewiston. The White House said President Biden spoke by phone individually to Maine Governor Janet Mills, Senators Angus King and Susan Collins, and Congressman Jared Golden about the shooting in Lewiston, Maine and offered full federal support in the wake of this horrific attack.

The mass shooting incident at Lewiston, Maine was reported after shots were fired at a restaurant and a bowling alley in Lewiston on Wednesday (local time).

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Maine
  • shooting
  • US

Related News

  • Trump threatens to bomb Oman amid Iran talks over Strait of Hormuz

    Trump threatens to bomb Oman amid Iran talks over Strait of Hormuz

  • Photographer shot dead, associate injured in road rage firing in Ludhiana

    Photographer shot dead, associate injured in road rage firing in Ludhiana

  • Three major shooting competitions to be held in Hyderabad from August 18

    Three major shooting competitions to be held in Hyderabad from August 18

  • Iran’s president says peace MoU with US advanced with ‘dignity, power’

    Iran’s president says peace MoU with US advanced with ‘dignity, power’

Latest News

  • BWF Worlds: Treesa-Gayatri celebrate stunning comeback, say journey is ‘not stopping yet’

    7 minutes ago
  • Adilabad: Five held for duping man of Rs 3.78 lakh in fake fertiliser franchise scam

    7 minutes ago
  • CCMB researchers identify biological circuit behind deadly fungus’s Titan cell formation

    17 minutes ago
  • Onam Sadhya pre-bookings open at LULU Hypermarket Kukatpally

    20 minutes ago
  • Hyderabad-based NGO, Bring A Smile Foundation’s Collection Drive on August 22, 2026

    12 minutes ago
  • IndiGo faces another technical disruption, passengers report booking issues

    39 minutes ago
  • Jindal Steel, IIT Hyderabad join hands to set up Centre of Excellence

    19 minutes ago
  • Rajasthan Education Minister accuses CJP, Congress of trying to derail state’s education progress

    43 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam