Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Violence Cannot Bring Change Hm Shah Lauds Security Forces For Eliminating 16 Maoists In Bastar

Violence cannot bring change: HM Shah lauds security forces for eliminating 16 Maoists in Bastar

Personnel from the District Reserve Guards (DRG) and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) successfully engaged the Maoists, recovering a large cache of arms and ammunition, including automatic weapons such as INSAS and SLR rifles

By IANS
Published Date - 29 March 2025, 12:32 PM
Violence cannot bring change: HM Shah lauds security forces for eliminating 16 Maoists in Bastar
Union Home Minister Amit Shah
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Raipur: Union Home Minister Amit Shah has praised the security forces for their successful anti-Maoist operation in Chhattisgarh’s Sukma and Dantewada districts, where 16 Maoists were eliminated.

In a post on X on Saturday, Shah said, “Another strike on Naxalism! Our security agencies have neutralized 16 Naxalites and recovered a massive cache of automatic weapons in an operation in Sukma. Under the leadership of PM Shri @narendramodi Ji, we are resolved to eradicate Naxalism before March 31, 2026. My appeal to those with arms is that weapons and violence cannot bring change; only peace and development can.”


The operation took place on Saturday morning in the Upampalli area under the Keralapal police station jurisdiction.

Personnel from the District Reserve Guards (DRG) and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) successfully engaged the Maoists, recovering a large cache of arms and ammunition, including automatic weapons such as INSAS and SLR rifles. Sources indicated that several high-profile Maoist leaders were among those killed.

“A thorough search will be conducted once the operation concludes, which will provide clarity on the extent of damage inflicted on the Maoists,” a police official said.

he number of Maoist casualties may rise as the situation becomes clearer. This operation is part of a series of intensified actions against Maoists in the Bastar region. Earlier, on March 20, security forces conducted two major encounters in the Bastar division.

The first, on the Bijapur-Dantewada border, resulted in the elimination of 26 Maoists, though a DRG jawan was martyred. The second, on the Kanker-Narayanpur border, led to the deaths of four Maoists.

On March 25, security forces neutralized three Maoists, including Sudhir alias Sudhakar, who had a bounty of Rs 25 lakh on his head. In total, 49 Maoists have been killed in March alone.

Amit Shah had previously visited Raipur and Jagdalpur in August and December 2024, warning Maoists to surrender their arms. He reiterated that the government remains committed to eliminating Naxalism, stating that any attempt at violence will be met with decisive action by security forces.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Amit Shah
  • anti-Maoist operation
  • Central Reserve Police Force
  • Dantewada

Related News

  • ‘Leaving Vyavastha, not Vyakti or Vichar’: Shehzad Poonawalla again submits resignation to BJP chief

    ‘Leaving Vyavastha, not Vyakti or Vichar’: Shehzad Poonawalla again submits resignation to BJP chief

  • Empowering poor, farmers, youth, women key to developed India by 2047: Shah

    Empowering poor, farmers, youth, women key to developed India by 2047: Shah

  • Congress hits back at Amit Shah over Vande Mataram apology demand

    Congress hits back at Amit Shah over Vande Mataram apology demand

  • Modi’s ‘dimagi Naxal’ remark not aimed at Opposition: Kiren Rijiju

    Modi’s ‘dimagi Naxal’ remark not aimed at Opposition: Kiren Rijiju

Latest News

  • Labourer arrested for allegedly harassing two MBBS interns in Haryana college

    5 minutes ago
  • Opinion: Break the chain of online child sexual exploitation

    13 minutes ago
  • Editorial: Caste census exercise gets tricky

    16 minutes ago
  • Dhanush Srikanth nominated for prestigious Arjuna Award

    20 minutes ago
  • Goa moves SC seeking life term for Tarun Tejpal in sexual assault case

    25 minutes ago
  • Nearly 100 crore Indian electors issued special voter ID cards: ECI

    45 minutes ago
  • Woman killed after speeding car hits her in Madhapur

    47 minutes ago
  • Three sentenced to life for KPHB murder in 2010

    56 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam