Minister said the State government was attracting investments even during the Covid-19 pandemic due to its continuous efforts over a period of time
Hyderabad: IT and Industries Minister KT Rama Rao will make an announcement pertaining to a major investment flow into the State on Thursday. He hinted that the investment would be bigger than those announced in the recent past.
On Tuesday, Hyderabad-based pharma company Granules India announced its plans to invest Rs 400 crore to set up a manufacturing facility for finished dosages and create about 1,600 jobs. Similarly, another pharma manufacturing company Laurus Labs also revealed its plans to invest Rs 300 crore to establish a formulation facility in the State.
Speaking to mediapersons here on Wednesday, the Minister said the State government was attracting investments even during the Covid-19 pandemic due to its continuous efforts over a period of time. “Investments do not come overnight. It is a culmination of series of meetings due to collective effort of the entire government,” he said.
Rama Rao said about 80 per cent of the investment proposals have been operationalised and the remaining 20 per cent are in various stages of implementation. About 23 per cent of the total investments are from existing units who are expanding their operations. In the past six years, about 13,000 companies came up with proposals to invest around Rs 2 lakh crore.
Now you can get hand picked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.