Friday, Aug 21, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Accused Planned To Pursue Robotic Courses To Carry Out Terror Attacks In India Nia On Isis Shivamogga Conspiracy Case

Accused planned to pursue robotic courses to carry out terror attacks in India”: NIA on ISIS Shivamogga conspiracy case

NIA filed its first supplementary chargesheet against nine persons in connection with the ISIS conspiracy case of Shivamogga district.

By ANI
Published Date - 1 July 2023, 03:19 PM
Accused planned to pursue robotic courses to carry out terror attacks in India”: NIA on ISIS Shivamogga conspiracy case
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Friday filed its first supplementary chargesheet against nine persons in connection with the ISIS conspiracy case of Shivamogga district in Karnataka.

The NIA, in its supplementary charge sheet, said that the accused were about to pursue robotics courses, to pick up skills to carry out terrorist attacks in the future.

Also Read

  • Meta launches new tool to stop spread of terror content
  • 42 outfits banned in India for involvement in terror activities: Govt
  • India fighting terror with new policy, process: PM Modi

As per NIA, the accused had conducted a trial IED blast in Shivamogga, besides conducting reconnaissance of multiple places and indulging in the arson of properties and vehicles to spread terror among the people, as part of an Islamic State (ISIS) conspiracy, to carry out incidents of terror and violence in India and wage a war against India.

The accused chargesheeted on Saturday have been identified as Mohamed Shariq (25), Maaz Muneer Ahmed (23), Syed Yasin (22), Reeshaan Thajuddin Sheikh (22), Huzair Farhan Baig (22), Mazin Abdul Rahman (22), Nadeem Ahmed K A (22), Zabiulla (32) and Nadeem Faizal N (27). All of them belong to Karnataka.

“They have been charged under UA(P) Act 1967, Indian Penal Code and KS Prevention of Destruction and Loss of Property Act, 1981,” the probe agency said.

Maaz Muneer Ahmed and Syed Yasin were chargesheeted earlier also, in March this year, and have now been charged with other offences.

Of the nine chargesheeted, Maaz Muneer Ahmed, Syed Yasin, Reeshaan Thajuddin Sheikh, Mazin Abdul Rahman and Nadeem Ahmed KA have studied mechanical and electrical engineering.

“They had been tasked by the foreign-based ISIS handler to pursue robotics courses, to pick up skills to carry terrorist attacks in the future in furtherance of the IS agenda for India,” it added.

NIA investigations have revealed that Mohamed Shariq, Maaz Muneer Ahmed and Syed Yasin had hatched a criminal conspiracy, in connivance with IS operatives based abroad, to promote terror and violence on the direction of IS, a banned terrorist outfit, in the region.

The trio had actively radicalised and recruited the co-accused with the intention to disturb the national security, unity and sovereignty of the country.

Their online handler had funded the accused through cryptocurrencies, as per the NIA investigations in the case. The case was initially registered by the Shivamogga Rural Police on September 19 in 2022, and later taken over and re-registered by NIA on November 15 in 2022.

Further investigations into the case are underway.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • ISIS
  • Karnataka
  • NIA
  • Shivamogga district

Related News

  • Mandya farmers protest Cauvery water release to Tamil Nadu

    Mandya farmers protest Cauvery water release to Tamil Nadu

  • Karnataka govt says forest staff fired in self-defence in Chamarajanagar forest encounter

    Karnataka govt says forest staff fired in self-defence in Chamarajanagar forest encounter

  • SC to hear Tamil Nadu’s plea against Karnataka over Cauvery water release

    SC to hear Tamil Nadu’s plea against Karnataka over Cauvery water release

  • RSS registration not needed to judge organisation: B.L. Santhosh

    RSS registration not needed to judge organisation: B.L. Santhosh

Latest News

  • NTA defends Rs 200 answer key challenge fee, says it benefits all candidates

    4 hours ago
  • Magnitude 6.7 earthquake strikes southern Peru; no damage reported

    4 hours ago
  • Iran accuses US of ‘economic war’ as Trump threatens tougher sanctions

    4 hours ago
  • Opinion: Section 22-A and Right to Property

    6 hours ago
  • Houthis claim drone attacks on Saudi airport, Aramco facility

    5 hours ago
  • Editorial: Trump’s tariff tantrums fail to dent India’s exports

    6 hours ago
  • India U-20 held to 0-0 draw by Yemen in friendly

    6 hours ago
  • East Bengal women smash 12-0 record win in AFC Women’s Champions League

    6 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam