This quick dessert will allow you to eat the sweet and savoury without any guilt of breaking your diet
Course: Dessert / Sweet
Serve: 4 Members
Preparation Time: 10 to 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
Total Time: 45 to 50 Minutes.
Payasam or Kheer with Dates or Khajoor an awesome and healthy dessert that can be prepared very easily and quickly at home. A delicious and healthy kheer with no sugar, if you wish to have it more sweeter sugar could be added. Jaggery makes a better option than sugar to sweeten the dessert. A nutrient-rich recipe which helps to boost our energy instantly.
* Dates: 15
* Almonds: 10 to 12 Numbers
* Walnuts: 10 to 12 Numbers
* Almonds: A handful (for garnishing)
* Pistachios: a handful (for garnishing)
* Milk: 3 1/2 Cups
* Cardamom: 1/2 Teaspoon
* Sugar: 2 Tablespoons
Method of preparation:-
* Will take15 dates to make Dates Kheer/ Payasam.
* These dates are seedless. Will also add walnuts and almonds.
* To a bowl, add dates, Walnuts, and Almonds, Add hot milk to the bowl till the dry fruits sink.
* Soak them for 15-20 minutes.
* In the meantime, fry almonds and pistachios for garnishing.
* Heat 1 teaspoon of clarified butter in a pan, add the chopped almonds, pistachios and fry till they are golden brown and place them aside in a separate bowl.
* To the same pan, add 3 1/2 cups milk and bring it to a boil it on high flame.
* As effervescence start to form, put the stove on low flame.
* Let the milk boil for some more time to thicken. Stir it constantly.
* Grind the soaked dry fruits along with the milk and grind it into a soft paste.
* Add some more milk if needed.
* The milk on the stove has thickened.
* Now add the prepared paste and cook it on low flame for 10 more minutes till the payasam thickens.
* For sweetening, will add 2 Tablespoons of Sugar.
* Sugar is optional, can be added if you wish to have it sweeter.
* Jaggery would be a better option than sugar.
* Clarified butter can also be added.
* Add 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder for flavour and mix.
* Garnish it with fried Nuts.
* Serve hot or cold!
Stay Tuned to Hyderabadi Ruchulu Column.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/hyderabadiruchulu,