Friday, Aug 21, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Delhi Hc Refuses Stay On Agnipath Scheme Asks Centre To File Detailed Reply

Delhi HC refuses stay on Agnipath scheme, asks Centre to file detailed reply

New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Thursday sought a detailed reply from the Centre on a group of pleas against Agnipath scheme while refusing to pass any interim order on the newly-launched scheme for the Armed Forces of the country. A division bench headed by Chief Justice Satish Chandra Sharma granted four weeks to […]

By IANS
Published Date - 25 August 2022, 12:26 PM
Delhi HC refuses stay on Agnipath scheme, asks Centre to file detailed reply
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Thursday sought a detailed reply from the Centre on a group of pleas against Agnipath scheme while refusing to pass any interim order on the newly-launched scheme for the Armed Forces of the country.

A division bench headed by Chief Justice Satish Chandra Sharma granted four weeks to the Centre for filing a detailed response in the matter and slated it for further hearing on October 18.


Refusing to pass any interim order, the bench, also comprising Justice Subramonium Prasad, said it will be hearing the matter finally.

During the course of the hearing, the court noted that the bunch of pleas are related to various issues of recruitment for various posts in the armed forces and said the Centre has to give the details in this regard.

Additional Solicitor General Aishwarya Bhati, on behalf of the Centre, apprised the court that a consolidated response would be filed in the matter.

The Supreme Court had recently transferred all the pleas challenging the Agnipath scheme to the Delhi High Court, where similar challenges against the scheme are already pending.

Last week, a former Army Colonel had approached the Delhi High Court seeking to set aside the Agnipath scheme of short-term recruitment into the armed forces and not to cancel the selection of the candidates who have already cleared the recruitment exam for the Indian Air Force in 2019.

Another PIL was moved in the Delhi High Court seeking the resumption of all previous recruitment processes cancelled following the Agnipath scheme.

The plea of a candidate, filed through Advocates Vijay Singh and Pawan Kumar, said the petitioner had applied for the post of Soldier General Duty in Army Recruitment Rally at Sirsa from July 30, 2020 to August 8, 2020.

Another PIL is against the Indian Navy’s recruitment process and shortlisting criteria of Person Below Officer Rank (PBORs).

A writ petition was filed by a group of persons shortlisted for airman selection in the Indian Air Force, who sought a direction that the recruitment process which commenced in the previous years should be completed regardless of the Agnipath scheme.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Agnipath scheme
  • Delhi High Court
  • Justice Subramonium Prasad

Related News

  • Delhi HC seeks Centre’s response on plea to remove videos targeting Sai Baba

    Delhi HC seeks Centre’s response on plea to remove videos targeting Sai Baba

  • Delhi HC closes UGC-NET plea after Centre announces retest

    Delhi HC closes UGC-NET plea after Centre announces retest

  • Delhi HC allows JNU to continue postgraduate admissions amid deprivation points challenge

    Delhi HC allows JNU to continue postgraduate admissions amid deprivation points challenge

  • Life sentence cannot become retributive death by incarceration: Delhi HC releases rape convict

    Life sentence cannot become retributive death by incarceration: Delhi HC releases rape convict

Latest News

  • NTA defends Rs 200 answer key challenge fee, says it benefits all candidates

    3 hours ago
  • Magnitude 6.7 earthquake strikes southern Peru; no damage reported

    3 hours ago
  • Iran accuses US of ‘economic war’ as Trump threatens tougher sanctions

    3 hours ago
  • Opinion: Section 22-A and Right to Property

    4 hours ago
  • Houthis claim drone attacks on Saudi airport, Aramco facility

    4 hours ago
  • Editorial: Trump’s tariff tantrums fail to dent India’s exports

    5 hours ago
  • India U-20 held to 0-0 draw by Yemen in friendly

    5 hours ago
  • East Bengal women smash 12-0 record win in AFC Women’s Champions League

    5 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam