Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Go First Flight Cancellations Extended Until August 6 Citing Operational Reasons

Go First flight cancellations extended until August 6 citing ‘operational reasons’

Go First airline has announced a further extension of flight cancellations till August 6, the airline announced in a tweet

By PTI
Published Date - 3 August 2023, 05:55 PM
Go First flight cancellations extended until August 6 citing ‘operational reasons’
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

New Delhi: Go First airline, which has been grounded since early May, has announced a further extension of flight cancellations till August 6, the airline announced in a tweet on Thursday.

Due to operational reasons, Go First flights until 6th August 2023 are cancelled. We apologise for the inconvenience caused…,” the airline tweeted.

Also Read

  • DGCA clears IndiGo’s flights to Almaty from Sep 5
  • DGCA greenlights Air India, IndiGo’s aircraft imports

Go First has also issued a statement, which it has posted along with the tweet, saying that the company has filed an application for immediate resolution and revival of operations and is optimistic about resuming bookings shortly.

“The company has filed an application for immediate resolution and revival of operations. We will be able to resume bookings shortly,” the airline stated.

“We regret to inform that due to operational reasons, Go First flights scheduled till August 6, 2023 have been cancelled. We apologise for the inconvenience caused by the flight cancellations. We acknowledge the flight cancellations might have disrupted your travel plans and we are committed to providing all the assistance we can,” Go First said in the statement.

Earlier on May 2, Go First cancelled its flights and filed for voluntary bankruptcy before the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT), alleging delays on the part of a US-based engine maker, Pratt and Whitney, for its inability to promptly meet obligations — leading to the grounding of a portion of its fleet.

Last Friday, DGCA conditionally allowed the grounded airline Go First to resume its operations. Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) had said Go First may resume scheduled flight operations on the availability of interim funding and approval of flight schedule by the regulator. The regulator had allowed the operation of 15 aircraft and 114 daily flights.

The airline has approximately 4,200 employees, and it reported total revenue from operations at Rs 4,183 crore in the financial year 2021-22. There were reports that the grounding of the Go First flights had put pressure on airfares, particularly on select routes where it had a footprint.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • DGCA
  • Go First
  • New Delhi

Related News

  • India seeks ‘positive and constructive’ relations with Bangladesh: MEA

    India seeks ‘positive and constructive’ relations with Bangladesh: MEA

  • Supreme Court seeks Centre, states’ response on property confiscation in paper leak cases

    Supreme Court seeks Centre, states’ response on property confiscation in paper leak cases

  • CBI arrests senior railway officer in bribery case, recovers Rs 77 lakh cash

    CBI arrests senior railway officer in bribery case, recovers Rs 77 lakh cash

  • Freedom a responsibility to walk on path of truth, hold Constitution values: Rahul

    Freedom a responsibility to walk on path of truth, hold Constitution values: Rahul

Latest News

  • Satwik-Chirag advance at BWF World Championships after Scottish pair withdraws

    12 seconds ago
  • Harish Rao accuses Congress government of suppressing licensed surveyors

    32 minutes ago
  • KT Rama Rao, Harish Rao condole death of Virahat Ali’s mother

    42 minutes ago
  • Dhruv Kapila-Tanisha Crasto advance to BWF World Championships third round

    43 minutes ago
  • Manav Suthar’s 6-55 helps India seal 165-run win over Sri Lanka in Galle Test

    1 hour ago
  • Sunita Ahuja arrives at Bandra Court amidst ugly spat with Govinda

    1 hour ago
  • PV Sindhu reveals Virat Kohli advice that changed her perspective during tough phase

    1 hour ago
  • Samantha Ruth Prabhu shares holiday moments with husband Raj Nidimoru

    1 hour ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam