Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Science & Tech | Us Squashes Bezos Protest Against Nasa Spacex 2 9 Billion Contract

US squashes Bezos’ protest against NASA-SpaceX $2.9 billion contract

Blue Origin and defence contractor Dynetics had filed a protest with the US GAO against NASA for awarding $2.9 billion contract to SpaceX for landing astronauts on the Moon by 2024.

By IANS
Published Date - 31 July 2021, 05:12 PM
US squashes Bezos’ protest against NASA-SpaceX $2.9 billion contract
Photo: Blue Origin
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Sam Francisco: The US Government Accountability Office (GAO) has squashed Jeff Bezos-run Blue Origin’s challenge to space agency NASA for picking Elon Musk-owned SpaceX for its prestigious $2.9 billion Moon lander programme.

Blue Origin and defence contractor Dynetics had filed a protest with the US GAO against NASA for awarding $2.9 billion contract to SpaceX for landing astronauts on the Moon by 2024.


The US space agency was expected to pick two lunar lander prototypes (including one of Blue Origin’s) but funding cut from US Congress led the agency to select SpaceX over Blue Origin.

GAO on Friday rejected Blue Origin’s protest, saying “there was no requirement for NASA to engage in discussions, amend, or cancel the announcement as a result of the amount of funding available for the programme,” reports The Verge.

In a tweet, Musk responded to the news by tweeting “GAO” with a flexing bicep emoji.

Fresh from his trip to the edge of space, Amazon Founder Jeff Bezos earlier this week even offered NASA a discount of up to $2 billion to give his space company Blue Origin the human lunar landing system (HLS) contract.

Escalating his space war with Musk, Bezos in an open letter to the NASA Administrator Bill Nelson said that his company would close US space agency’s near-term budgetary shortfall and producing a safe and sustainable lander that will return Americans to the surface of the Moon – this time to stay.

“We stand firm in our belief that there were fundamental issues with NASA’s decision, but the GAO wasn’t able to address them due to their limited jurisdiction,” a Blue Origin spokesperson said in a statement.

NASA said the GAO ruling allows the agency and SpaceX to come up with a timeline for landing humans on the Moon.

The moon lander contract is part of NASA’s Artemis programme, which aims to return astronauts to the moon by 2024 as a stepping stone to the first human mission to Mars.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Bezos
  • NASA
  • SpaceX
  • US

Related News

  • Astronauts remove faulty ISS antenna during spacewalk; out of time to install spare

    Astronauts remove faulty ISS antenna during spacewalk; out of time to install spare

  • Trump threatens to bomb Oman amid Iran talks over Strait of Hormuz

    Trump threatens to bomb Oman amid Iran talks over Strait of Hormuz

  • Iran’s president says peace MoU with US advanced with ‘dignity, power’

    Iran’s president says peace MoU with US advanced with ‘dignity, power’

  • NASA invites ISRO to join Moon Base programme for lunar South Pole outpost

    NASA invites ISRO to join Moon Base programme for lunar South Pole outpost

Latest News

  • 22A restrictions leave ordinary families in distress, victims reach Telangana Bhavan for relief

    11 minutes ago
  • Old vs New Tata Tiago: Is the Facelift Worth the Upgrade?

    14 minutes ago
  • WC Insurance for Security Guards and Private Patrol Services

    17 minutes ago
  • Rs 1 crore recovered in 10 days after WhatsApp impersonation fraud in Cyberabad

    15 minutes ago
  • Telangana SIR draft electoral roll: How to check your name online

    27 minutes ago
  • Hyderabad: Three arrested for allegedly selling vapes, e-cigarettes

    33 minutes ago
  • Satwik-Chirag advance at BWF World Championships after Scottish pair withdraws

    58 minutes ago
  • Harish Rao accuses Congress government of suppressing licensed surveyors

    2 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam