Thursday, Aug 20, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Tennis | Novak Djokovic Vows Wimbledon Return Despite Semifinal Loss To Jannik Sinner

Novak Djokovic vows Wimbledon return despite semifinal loss to Jannik Sinner

Novak Djokovic says he has no intention of retiring from Wimbledon despite a straight-sets semifinal defeat to world No. 1 Jannik Sinner. The Serbian remains motivated to return next year and pursue a record-breaking 25th Grand Slam title at the US Open.

By IANS
Updated On - 11 July 2026, 02:01 PM
Novak Djokovic vows Wimbledon return despite semifinal loss to Jannik Sinner
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

London: Novak Djokovic insisted he has no plans to walk away from Wimbledon despite suffering a crushing straight-sets defeat to world No. 1 Jannik Sinner in the semifinals on Friday, saying he hopes to return to the All England Club “at least one more time” as he continues his pursuit of a record 25th Grand Slam title.

The seven-time champion’s hopes of making it into a 39th Grand Slam singles final were shattered as he succumbed 6-4 6-4 6-4 to Sinner in a comprehensive victory for the Italian, who totally outclassed the 39-year-old throughout. As the 39-year-old left Centre Court to a standing ovation, speculation immediately followed about whether the Serbian great had played his last match on grass. Asked whether he would be back next year, he declared: “I would like to, at least one more time.


Let’s see.” Despite admitting it had been “a good old blowout” defeat, Djokovic insisted his desire to compete at the highest level had not diminished. “Of course, I’m disappointed. I wanted to win Wimbledon. That’s the reason why I’m still pushing myself so hard,” he said.

The Serb, whose last major title was the US Open last year, highlighted the positives from reaching the last four, and in particular his victory over third-ranked Felix Auger-Aliassime in the quarter-finals.

“I’m proud of what I achieved three nights ago. Felix is number three, fourth player in the world. Proven to myself and others that I can still play at the highest level, and I have.”

Sinner, though, was too good this afternoon and Djokovic said he would not dwell on the result. “I reached the last four of Wimbledon. Losing in straight sets against the best player in the world, okay.

It is what it is. But the tournament was positive in terms of the attitude on the court, the fighting spirit, the dedication.”

“I mean, it’s still there.”

Djokovic conceded he was not at his peak against Sinner but stressed it would not dampen his motivation. “A little bitter taste stays as I wasn’t at the desired level today.

But we turn the next page and we move on.”

The 24-times Grand Slam champion will now focus on a record-equalling 25th major title at the US Open later this year which would take him beyond Margaret Court. Djokovic made clear his career remains powered by desire, not obligation. “I don’t have any pressure or no one is forcing me to play.

I do it because I really want to and because I still can. I still can play as a top-10, top-5 player.”

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Djokovic Wimbledon
  • Grand Slam
  • Jannik Sinner
  • Jannik Sinner Wimbledon

Related News

  • Novak Djokovic ousted from Cincinnati Open in his first match since Wimbledon

    Novak Djokovic ousted from Cincinnati Open in his first match since Wimbledon

  • Jannik Sinner withdraws from Cincinnati Open with knee injury

    Jannik Sinner withdraws from Cincinnati Open with knee injury

  • Lionel Messi says Argentina will give it everything in World Cup final

    Lionel Messi says Argentina will give it everything in World Cup final

  • Ananya Panday shares glimpses of her Wimbledon outing, calls it a ‘perfect day’

    Ananya Panday shares glimpses of her Wimbledon outing, calls it a ‘perfect day’

Latest News

  • Army Public School Bolarum students win TCS InQuizitive 2026 Hyderabad edition

    36 minutes ago
  • Malkajgiri Municipal Corporation to implement ‘free left’ lanes at six stretches to ease traffic

    39 minutes ago
  • Telangana launches online complaint system for private schools

    1 hour ago
  • Treesa-Gayatri credit home crowd after reaching BWF World Championships quarterfinals

    1 hour ago
  • ACB registers DA case against Ibrahimpatnam revenue official, searches six locations

    18 minutes ago
  • KBR Park traffic loop leaves pedestrians struggling with missing footpaths, crossings

    2 hours ago
  • AP Rajya Sabha MP’s son arrested in Hyderabad accident death case

    2 hours ago
  • Polytechnic education faces crisis in Telangana over proposed shift to Skills University

    2 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam