Thursday, Aug 20, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Rg Kar Case Junior Doctors To Partially Lift Cease Work From Saturday

RG Kar case: Junior doctors to partially lift ‘cease work’ from Saturday

Medics announce setting up of Abhaya medical camps, in memory of the brutally murdered RG Kar trainee doctor, at flood-affected regions of State

By PTI
Published Date - 20 September 2024, 09:56 AM
RG Kar case: Junior doctors to partially lift ‘cease work’ from Saturday
Doctors in front of West Bengal Medical Council office over the R G Kar Hospital incident, in Kolkata. — Photo:PTI
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Kolkata: Ending the logjam persisting for the last 41 days, agitating junior doctors announced the withdrawal of their sit-in before Swasthya Bhawan and partial resumption of duties entailing the attending essential services in state-run hospitals from Saturday.

The medics also announced setting up of Abhaya medical camps, in memory of the brutally murdered RG Kar trainee doctor, at flood-affected regions of the state from Friday.

Also Read

  • SC seeks status report on probe into ‘financial irregularities’ at RG Kar

To mark the withdrawal of their 10-day dharna before Swasthya Bhawan, the stirring doctors gave a call to march to the CBI office at the CGO Complex in Salt Lake at 3 pm on Friday seeking justice for the RG Kar victim and a quick wrap up of investigations.

“Given the flood situation in West Bengal and the State government agreeing to certain demands of ours, we will be rejoining emergency and essential services partially from Saturday,” an agitating doctor said on Thursday after their general body meeting.

The protesting doctors said they would not work in the Outpatient Department (OPD) but would partially work in emergency and essential services. “We will wait for a week for the West Bengal government to implement all its promises and if unfulfilled, we will resume ‘cease work’,” the doctors said.

The announcements came shortly after Chief Secretary Manoj Pant, following up on issues discussed in Wednesday’s meeting between the agitating junior doctors and the state task force, issued a list of directives on the safety, security and conducive environment for healthcare professionals, saying those orders need to be implemented immediately.

“The directives issued today reflects partial acceptance of our demands in terms of ensuring safety and security at campuses. We consider that a limited victory given that previously the State also acceded to our demands of removing the Kolkata Police Commissioner and senior health department officials.”

“The arrests of ex-RG Kar principal Sandip Ghosh and Tala PS OC were also shots in the arm of our movement. We will, hence, end our stir here and return to essential services. But our fight is far from over,” said Aniket Mahato, one of the agitating doctors.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • CBI
  • Doctors protest latest
  • Junior doctors
  • Junior doctors protest

Related News

  • Bengal CM Adhikari thanks PM Modi for approval of crucial railway project

    Bengal CM Adhikari thanks PM Modi for approval of crucial railway project

  • Bombay HC suspends life sentence of Dabholkar murder convict Sachin Andure, grants bail

    Bombay HC suspends life sentence of Dabholkar murder convict Sachin Andure, grants bail

  • CJP alleges venue owners faced threats, Kolkata meeting cancelled

    CJP alleges venue owners faced threats, Kolkata meeting cancelled

  • ECI data shows long-term rise in voter turnout across several states

    ECI data shows long-term rise in voter turnout across several states

Latest News

  • Editorial: Trump’s tariff tantrums fail to dent India’s exports

    24 minutes ago
  • India U-20 held to 0-0 draw by Yemen in friendly

    10 minutes ago
  • East Bengal women smash 12-0 record win in AFC Women’s Champions League

    12 minutes ago
  • Karimnagar athlete Naga Chaitra qualifies for CBSE Nationals with gold, silver

    14 minutes ago
  • Hyderabad District Athletic Association to conduct athletics selection trials on August 22

    20 minutes ago
  • EFLU suspends 14 students after NSUI-ABVP clash in Hyderabad

    56 minutes ago
  • Army Public School Bolarum students win TCS InQuizitive 2026 Hyderabad edition

    2 hours ago
  • Malkajgiri Municipal Corporation to implement ‘free left’ lanes at six stretches to ease traffic

    2 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam