Tuesday, Aug 18, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | World | Trump Expands Us Travel Ban Adds 20 Countries And Palestinians

Trump expands US travel ban, adds 20 countries and Palestinians

US President Donald Trump expanded travel restrictions by adding 20 countries and the Palestinian Authority, citing security, vetting failures and visa overstays, significantly widening limits on entry and immigration as part of his administration’s tougher border and national security policy.

By IANS
Published Date - 17 December 2025, 08:58 AM
Trump expands US travel ban, adds 20 countries and Palestinians
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Washington: US President Donald Trump signed a proclamation to expand US travel restrictions, adding 20 more countries and the Palestinian Authority to the list.

The move sharply widens limits on who can visit or immigrate to the United States.


Five countries now face a full travel ban to the US. Another 15 countries face partial restrictions. The administration also fully restricted travel by people using Palestinian Authority-issued travel documents.

The White House said the decision is part of its effort to tighten US entry standards. Officials linked the move to security concerns. They cited the recent arrest of an Afghan national accused of the shooting of two National Guard troops near the White House over Thanksgiving weekend.

The restrictions include several exemptions. People who already hold valid US visas are exempt. Lawful permanent residents are exempt. Diplomats, athletes, and some other visa holders are exempt. Entry may also be allowed if it serves US interests. The administration did not say when the new measures will take effect.

Trump announced the original round of restrictions in June. At that time, citizens of 12 countries were barred from entering the US. Nationals of seven other countries faced partial limits. The move revived a signature policy from Trump’s first term.

The June ban covered Afghanistan, Myanmar, Chad, the Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Haiti, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Yemen. Partial restrictions were imposed on Burundi, Cuba, Laos, Sierra Leone, Togo, Turkmenistan, and Venezuela.

On Tuesday, the administration added Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger, South Sudan, and Syria to the full-ban list. It also imposed a complete restriction on travel by people holding Palestinian Authority-issued documents. South Sudan had already been under significant limits.

Another 15 countries were added to the partial-restriction list. They are Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, the Ivory Coast, Dominica, Gabon, Gambia, Malawi, Mauritania, Nigeria, Senegal, Tanzania, Tonga, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.

The restrictions apply to visitors and immigrants. They affect people seeking short-term travel and those seeking permanent entry.

In his proclamation, Trump said many of the affected countries have “widespread corruption, fraudulent or unreliable civil documents and criminal records.”

It said these problems make it hard to properly vet travelers. Officials also cited high visa overstay rates. They said some governments refuse to take back citizens that the US wants to deport.

They pointed to instability and weak government control in some countries. Immigration enforcement, foreign policy, and national security concerns were also cited in the national travel ban.

The administration also changed earlier restrictions. Laos and Sierra Leone were moved from partial limits to full suspensions. In contrast, Turkmenistan saw some easing of restrictions. The administration said the country had made improvements. All other provisions announced in June remain in place.

The new measures against Palestinians go further than earlier steps. In recent months, restrictions already made it nearly impossible for holders of Palestinian Authority passports to obtain US travel documents for business, work, education, or tourism. The new decision bars them from emigrating to the US.

According to the proclamation, several “US-designated terrorist groups operate actively in the West Bank or Gaza Strip and have murdered American citizens.”

It said the recent war likely weakened vetting and screening capabilities in those areas, as well as the national travel ban.

Travel bans became a defining issue during Trump’s first term, sparking protests and legal challenges. Courts later upheld revised versions. Supporters say it protects national security. Critics say it unfairly targets people based on where they are from.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Palestinian Authority
  • US President Donald Trump
  • US travel ban
  • White House

Related News

  • Trump administration asks US Supreme Court to allow White House ballroom work

    Trump administration asks US Supreme Court to allow White House ballroom work

  • Veteran White House reporter breaks 26-year silence on Clinton’s 2000 Pakistan decoy plane

    Veteran White House reporter breaks 26-year silence on Clinton’s 2000 Pakistan decoy plane

  • Trump says he would ‘love to run’ for another term in 2028 despite legal hurdle

    Trump says he would ‘love to run’ for another term in 2028 despite legal hurdle

  • Trump administration claims deportation of over 3 million undocumented immigrants

    Trump administration claims deportation of over 3 million undocumented immigrants

Latest News

  • KTR condemns removal of Peddi Sudarshan Reddy’s statue, calls it barbaric

    1 minute ago
  • Satyendar Jain arrested at BJP’s behest, case will be proved fake: Kejriwal

    6 minutes ago
  • Telangana Employees Plan Protests on August 27, Mahadharna on September 10

    15 minutes ago
  • Former Delhi minister Satyendar Jain, ex-DJB CEO among six arrested in alleged tender scam

    20 minutes ago
  • Farmers stages protest over unscheduled power cuts in Jogipet

    30 minutes ago
  • Flight attendants, pilots face highest risk of radiation-related cancer deaths: Study

    38 minutes ago
  • Polytechnic students oppose merger of polytechnic education with Skill University

    44 minutes ago
  • CJP alleges venue owners faced threats, Kolkata meeting cancelled

    53 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam