Friday, Aug 21, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | 10 Maoists Surrender In Jharkhands West Singhbhum Pledge To Shun Violence

10 Maoists surrender in Jharkhand’s West Singhbhum, pledge to shun violence

Ten CPI (Maoist) cadres, linked to top leaders carrying ₹1 crore bounties, surrendered in Jharkhand’s West Singhbhum on Thursday. Officials said the development reflects the success of sustained operations and the state’s rehabilitation policy for Naxals.

By Telangana Today
Published Date - 25 September 2025, 01:59 PM
10 Maoists surrender in Jharkhand’s West Singhbhum, pledge to shun violence
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Ranchi: The anti-Naxal operations in Jharkhand recorded a major success on Thursday as 10 members of the CPI (Maoist) laid down their arms in West Singhbhum district, officials said.

They surrendered before Director General of Police (DGP) Anurag Gupta and senior officials in Chaibasa.


The group comprised six men and four women, all of whom were associated with the squads of senior Maoist leaders Misir Besra alias Sagar and Patiram Manjhi alias Anal — both carrying bounties of Rs 1 crore each.

The surrendered Maoists were identified as Rando Bordpai, Gardi Koda, Johan Purti, Nirso Sidu, Ghonor Devgam, Gaumeya Koda, Kera Koda, Kari Kayam, Savitri Gop, and Pradeep Singh.

At a formal ceremony held at the Chaibasa police lines, the Maoists pledged to shun violence, surrender their weapons, and join the mainstream.

Officials termed the development a direct outcome of the state’s rehabilitation policy and sustained police action in Naxal-hit areas.

Welcoming the rebels into the fold of civil society, DGP Anurag Gupta said Jharkhand’s surrender policy is among the best in the country.

“Those who surrender will be given a chance to start a new life. But those who continue to take up arms will face strict action,” he warned.

He further emphasised that police have detailed intelligence on Maoist activities and are determined to maintain law and order.

Several top officials, including CRPF IG Saket Singh, IG (Operations) Dr Michaelraj S., IG (STF) Anup Birthare, DIG (Kolhan) Anuranjan Kispotta, and Chaibasa SP Amit Renu, were present at the ceremony.

This marks the second major surrender this month. On September 1, nine members of the banned Jharkhand Jan Mukti Parishad (JJMP) surrendered in Latehar district, four of whom carried bounties of Rs 5 lakh each. They handed over a significant cache of arms, including five AK-47 rifles, to the police.

According to officials, the campaign against Maoists has been intensified to make Jharkhand completely Naxal-free by March 2026. So far this year, 31 Maoists have been killed in encounters across the state.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Jharkhand
  • Maoists
  • Naxal
  • Singhbhum

Related News

  • JSSC-CGL exam cancellation triggers protests, over 2,000 employees face job uncertainty

    JSSC-CGL exam cancellation triggers protests, over 2,000 employees face job uncertainty

  • Students end hunger strike as Jharkhand govt cancels JSSC-CGL, TDPL Exams; agitation continues over CBI probe

    Students end hunger strike as Jharkhand govt cancels JSSC-CGL, TDPL Exams; agitation continues over CBI probe

  • Jharkhand cancels JSSC-CGL exam, TDPL recruitment tests since 2014

    Jharkhand cancels JSSC-CGL exam, TDPL recruitment tests since 2014

  • Jharkhand exam protest: Fresh talks between govt, agitators on Monday as stir enters day 24

    Jharkhand exam protest: Fresh talks between govt, agitators on Monday as stir enters day 24

Latest News

  • Varalakshmi Vratam celebrated with traditional fervour across Hyderabad

    3 minutes ago
  • Telangana BJP hits back at Congress over Revanth Reddy’s US visit clearance

    14 minutes ago
  • TGIIC’s Raidurg plot auction bid for Rs.264 per acre

    6 minutes ago
  • India to host BRICS Youth, Sports Ministers’ meetings in Visakhapatnam on August 22, 23

    42 minutes ago
  • Forest Department bans visitors from accessing viral ‘Sirpur Hill Station’ in Mancherial

    42 minutes ago
  • Joe Root breaks Steve Smith’s record to become leading Test catcher with 219 catches

    46 minutes ago
  • Satwik-Chirag’s World Championships run ends as Liang-Wang defeat Indian duo

    53 minutes ago
  • Traders attempt to occupy one-acre land meant for school in Mancherial town

    54 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam