Friday, Aug 21, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | World | Israeli Strikes Across Gaza Kill 326 Palestinians

Israeli strikes across Gaza kill 326 Palestinians

The surprise bombardment shattered a ceasefire in place since January and threatened to fully reignite the 17-month-old war

By AP
Published Date - 18 March 2025, 02:03 PM
Israeli strikes across Gaza kill 326 Palestinians
A woman reacts next to bodies of Palestinians who were killed in an Israeli army airstrikes are brought to the Al-Ahli Hospital in Gaza City, on March 18, 2025.
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Deir Al-Balah: Israel launched airstrikes across the Gaza Strip early on Tuesday, killing at least 326 Palestinians, including women and children, according to hospital officials.

The surprise bombardment shattered a ceasefire in place since January and threatened to fully reignite the 17-month-old war.


Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ordered the strikes after Hamas refused Israeli demands to change the ceasefire agreement. Officials said the operation was open-ended and was expected to expand.

The White House said it had been consulted and voiced support for Israel’s actions. The Israeli military ordered people to evacuate eastern Gaza, including much of the northern town of Beit Hanoun and other communities further south, and head toward the centre of the territory, indicating that Israel could soon launch renewed ground operations.

“Israel will, from now on, act against Hamas with increasing military strength,” Netanyahu’s office said.

The attack during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan could resume a war that has already killed tens of thousands of Palestinians and caused widespread destruction across Gaza. It also raised questions about the fate of the roughly two dozen Israeli hostages held by Hamas who are believed to still be alive.

A senior Hamas official said Netanyahu’s decision to return to war amounts to a “death sentence” for the remaining hostages. Izzat al-Risheq accused Netanyahu of launching the strikes to try and save his far-right governing coalition and called on mediators to “reveal facts” on who broke the truce.

There were no reports of any attacks by Hamas several hours after the bombardment, indicating it still hoped to restore the truce. The strikes came as Netanyahu comes under mounting domestic pressure, with mass protests planned over his handling of the hostage crisis and his decision to fire the head of Israel’s internal security agency.

His latest testimony in a long-running corruption trial was cancelled after the strikes.

The main group representing families of the captives accused the government of backing out of the ceasefire, saying it “chose to give up on the hostages”. “We are shocked, angry and terrified by the deliberate dismantling of the process to return our loved ones from the terrible captivity of Hamas,” the Hostages and Missing Families Forum said in a statement.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Benjamin Netanyahu
  • Ceasefire
  • Gaza strip
  • Hamas-Israel

Related News

  • PM Modi to address UNGA high-level meet in New York in September

    PM Modi to address UNGA high-level meet in New York in September

  • US envoy Jared Kushner meets Hamas chief in Cairo to revive Gaza ceasefire

    US envoy Jared Kushner meets Hamas chief in Cairo to revive Gaza ceasefire

  • Israel rejects Trump’s Gaza deal, insists on disarmament of Hamas

    Israel rejects Trump’s Gaza deal, insists on disarmament of Hamas

  • Netanyahu dials PM Modi, India, Israel reaffirm special strategic ties

    Netanyahu dials PM Modi, India, Israel reaffirm special strategic ties

Latest News

  • Congress demands immediate review of E20 fuel policy

    25 seconds ago
  • Rupee gains 9 paise to 95.65 against US dollar in early trade

    6 minutes ago
  • New York Jets owner Woody Johnson buys stake in Aston Martin

    12 minutes ago
  • Sensex, Nifty open higher as realty, metal stocks gain

    17 minutes ago
  • Tata Motors to hike vehicle prices by up to Rs 25,000 from September 1

    22 minutes ago
  • Tunnel reportedly found near Qutb Shahi tombs in Golconda

    27 minutes ago
  • Delhi weather: IMD forecasts rain amid humid conditions

    32 minutes ago
  • Hyderabad man detained for alleged sexual assault of 12-year-old daughter

    42 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam