Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | News | Googles Longtime Director Of News Let Go After 13 Years Plans To Come Back To India

Google’s longtime director of news let go after 13 years, plans to come back to India

Google, which has joined the league of tech companies cutting jobs to deal with the global slowdown, has now laid off the Indian-origin director of news after nearly 13 years of service.

By IANS
Published Date - 23 July 2023, 05:15 PM
Google’s longtime director of news let go after 13 years, plans to come back to India
Madhav Chinnappa
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

New Delhi: Google, which has joined the league of tech companies cutting jobs to deal with the global slowdown, has now laid off the Indian-origin director of news after nearly 13 years of service.

Madhav Chinnappa, Director of News Ecosystem Development at Google in the UK, wrote in a LinkedIn post, “I am leaving Google as part of the Google layoffs. I am on gardening leave at the moment which allows too much time to contemplate work, career, life etc.” He expressed pride in what he has accomplished during his nearly 13 years at Google.

Also Read

  • Google conducting trials of revamped photos app design
  • Residents of Mukhra (K) plant 2,000 saplings to mark KTR’s birthday

“From Digital News Initiative (which wasn’t just a Fund – though a wise person did say that it helped kickstart a European media R&D culture) to the Google News Initiative Innovation Challenges – and of course Ludovic Blechera’s brilliant idea: JERF, the Journalism Emergency Relief Fund which showcased the best of Google: helping where it could when a vulnerable part of the news ecosystem needed it most and involving 300 Googlers,” Chinnappa added.

Further in the post, Chinnappa mentioned that he plans to take a month off before exploring new opportunities or considering the next steps in his career.

“In the near term, I have some pressing family issues that need my fuller attention, so in the spirit of the Zen proverb that the tea cup must be empty before it can be full, I will take August off, then spend September looking after my mum in India and only start thinking about work in October with a view to doing more things in 2024.”

Around 12,000 people were affected worldwide by the mass layoffs Google announced in January this year, and again last month, the company announced job cuts at its mapping app Waze.

The layoffs announced by Google in January this year affected around 12,000 people worldwide. Last month, the tech giant announced to lay off employees from its navigation and mapping company Waze, as it aims to merge mapping products. The company is moving Waze over to Google’s ads system which means there will be job cuts at Waze in “sales, marketing, operations and analytics,” reports CNBC.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • google news
  • India
  • Madhav Chinnappa

Related News

  • EAM Jaishankar, Singapore FM Balakrishnan discuss ways to deepen strategic ties

    EAM Jaishankar, Singapore FM Balakrishnan discuss ways to deepen strategic ties

  • India’s makhana market likely to reach nearly Rs 12,000 crore by 2029-30

    India’s makhana market likely to reach nearly Rs 12,000 crore by 2029-30

  • Pakistan extends airspace ban for Indian aircraft till Sep 24

    Pakistan extends airspace ban for Indian aircraft till Sep 24

  • Honourable reception awaits Bangladesh PM Rahman if he visits India, says envoy

    Honourable reception awaits Bangladesh PM Rahman if he visits India, says envoy

Latest News

  • Satwik-Chirag advance at BWF World Championships after Scottish pair withdraws

    4 minutes ago
  • Harish Rao accuses Congress government of suppressing licensed surveyors

    36 minutes ago
  • KT Rama Rao, Harish Rao condole death of Virahat Ali’s mother

    45 minutes ago
  • Dhruv Kapila-Tanisha Crasto advance to BWF World Championships third round

    47 minutes ago
  • Manav Suthar’s 6-55 helps India seal 165-run win over Sri Lanka in Galle Test

    1 hour ago
  • Sunita Ahuja arrives at Bandra Court amidst ugly spat with Govinda

    1 hour ago
  • PV Sindhu reveals Virat Kohli advice that changed her perspective during tough phase

    1 hour ago
  • Samantha Ruth Prabhu shares holiday moments with husband Raj Nidimoru

    1 hour ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam